Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Close Capital One QuickSilverOne?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Close Capital One QuickSilverOne?

@Anonymous wrote:

What was your credit score at the time you were approved for the QS1?  If it was anything sub-650 or so, the reason you can't grow the card is because it is and will always be viewed as a starter account.  Typically starter accounts peak out around $2000-$3000, but often don't even make it to that level.

I know you also said it's been at a $0 balance for 3 months now.  By saying $0 balance, do you mean you paid it off 3-4 months ago and haven't used it since, or you have been using it but paying it off to $0 each cycle?  If you haven't been using the card for 3-4 months, asking for a CLI more than likely won't work because you aren't showing them that you need a CLI due to non-use. 

Actually, I just went back and checked. I used it almost a 1 1/2 months ago. I had charged a hotel stay and paid it off before the statement cut. Also, unfortunately, it is one of my oldest cards so I am leary about closing it, but am very frustrated with them and don't really want to give the business if there is no value in it for me.

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the advice! I have tried the link that is posted in the forums to see if my card is eligible for a PC and it is not. I have also called them directly and asked for a manual review for PC and CLI and never heard back from them with any results.

Message 12 of 13
Blackswizz750
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Blackswizz750I am thinking the same thing on Cap1. My first card was a QS1 and the second a platinum. I want to merge to at least get a decent limit and use it. The GM card is not being increased at this time as I cant combo it(co-brand it).

Your best bet would be to PC one of them, say the platinum, to a QS first.  Then after doing that, combine your limit from the QS1 to the QS and close out the QS1.

I will definitely do that. I put non category spend on the QS1 and platinum(small purchases). The PLat is one month younger than my QS1. It should hurt me too bad once I PC and combine. I dont know if I have to wait 6 months aftert the PC and keep the donor card at zero when its time.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.