cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Close an apparently bucketed Lowe's Sync Card?

tag
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

Close an apparently bucketed Lowe's Sync Card?

DW has had a $337 limit Lowes card for 9 months now which will not grow.  Despite being in the 800's now, all CL requests are denied instantly.  Sync has given her every request on her Amazon card to $10k but the Lowes card is not really usable. I am sure it would have gotten some use if it had a larger limit but this card seem to be bucketed.

We also have a Lowe's Business Amex so that makes this card very expendable.  

Any ramifications with SyncB in canceling a card?   There are no UTI issues as she is <1% on $60k worth of CL's.

Thanks.

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Close an apparently bucketed Lowe's Sync Card?

Have you tried calling the Credit Solutions number? Maybe that'll yield a better result. 877-379-8173

Message 2 of 15
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Curious, what is her most recent VS4 score found on any of her Sync accts?  Also, what it's listed as "What's affecting your credit score" ? 

As far as closing an account, depends on profile but I've closed at least 4 sycn cards within 365 days.  Two in one day.  4 months later received my highest sl card, a mastercard.....so it's a ymmv type thing.  I'd look more into the VS4 score to determine where she stands with them perhaps.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 3 of 15
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

@GApeachy wrote:

Curious, what is her most recent VS4 score found on any of her Sync accts?  Also, what it's listed as "What's affecting your credit score" ? 

As far as closing an account, depends on profile but I've closed at least 4 sycn cards within 365 days.  Two in one day.  4 months later received my highest sl card, a mastercard.....so it's a ymmv type thing.  I'd look more into the VS4 score to determine where she stands with them perhaps.

Her V4 is 765 from October 5th.  It must actually be from September as her last derog, a paid  $100 CO came off on October 1st.  Her FICO 08 rose 80 points and FICO 09 102 points after that CO went away.  Her V4 still notes a delinquency so it was pulled prior to 10-1-2020.. 

She is, as of today clean on TU

FICO 08 = 808

FICO 09 = 832

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 4 of 15
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

No, not yet.

@Anonymous wrote:

Have you tried calling the Credit Solutions number? Maybe that'll yield a better result. 877-379-8173

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -

Message 5 of 15
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

I've not heard of any bucketed cards for Lowe's.  What did the previous denial letters state as the reason for the denial?  If they mentioned the delinquency and it's now clean, I'd give it a month for a buffer and call Credit Solutions and ask for $17,000 or whatever she's comfortable with if she wants to keep the card.

Message 6 of 15
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@spiritcraft1 wrote:

DW has had a $337 limit Lowes card for 9 months now which will not grow.  Despite being in the 800's now, all CL requests are denied instantly.  Sync has given her every request on her Amazon card to $10k but the Lowes card is not really usable. I am sure it would have gotten some use if it had a larger limit but this card seem to be bucketed.

We also have a Lowe's Business Amex so that makes this card very expendable.  

Any ramifications with SyncB in canceling a card?   There are no UTI issues as she is <1% on $60k worth of CL's.

Thanks.

If you cancel a SyncB card you will forever be deemed a Sync Sinner and may be relegated to  getting other Sync cards.....at your leisureSmiley Wink

Message 7 of 15
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@spiritcraft1 wrote:

It must actually be from September as her last derog, a paid  $100 CO came off on October 1st. 

Her V4 still notes a delinquency so it was pulled prior to 10-1-2020.. 

To be on the safe side, give it two more stmts. and then have her request a cli.  If a clean report doesn't open the coffers then look toward spend.  Maybe run a little spend on it while she waits for the slate to be wiped clean.  A gift card to use at a favorite store or something like cleaning supplies just so you don't spend needlessly. Ya know?  Then whack that dumb mole if none of that works. lol!!!!!!

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 8 of 15
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

Yeah, I certainly don't know if the card is bucketed but starting at that wierd limit seems to be a thing.  Also, her Amazon started at $600 and is now $10k and is only 2 months older than the Lowe's.  

A larger limit Sams MC or XXX Visa would make more sense or perhaps even a Care Credit MC just in case as far as Sync cards go.   Even if it ends up being closed purposely, it would be nice to have it not be listed as $337.00.  Smiley Happy  Not that that matters either.

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -

Message 9 of 15
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

I've not heard of any bucketed cards for Lowe's.  What did the previous denial letters state as the reason for the denial?  If they mentioned the delinquency and it's now clean, I'd give it a month for a buffer and call Credit Solutions and ask for $17,000 or whatever she's comfortable with if she wants to keep the card.

Not enough experience...

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.