cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Close an apparently bucketed Lowe's Sync Card?

tag
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Close an apparently bucketed Lowe's Sync Card?

@spiritcraft1 wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

I've not heard of any bucketed cards for Lowe's.  What did the previous denial letters state as the reason for the denial?  If they mentioned the delinquency and it's now clean, I'd give it a month for a buffer and call Credit Solutions and ask for $17,000 or whatever she's comfortable with if she wants to keep the card.

Not enough experience...

In this case, the account may have been flagged in their system at opening to be ineligible until it has reached 12 months.  A call to CS may possibly override that.

Message 11 of 15
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@spiritcraft1 wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

I've not heard of any bucketed cards for Lowe's.  What did the previous denial letters state as the reason for the denial?  If they mentioned the delinquency and it's now clean, I'd give it a month for a buffer and call Credit Solutions and ask for $17,000 or whatever she's comfortable with if she wants to keep the card.

Not enough experience...

In this case, the account may have been flagged in their system at opening to be ineligible until it has reached 12 months.  A call to CS may possibly override that.

Makes sense.  It was an incredible hassle to open with all kinds of identification requests etc.  Her Amazon was instant on the other hand and was opened at a score 50 points less than the Lowe's at a 650 FICO 08.  The Amazon card had a CLI in 3 months and was never denied all the way to $10k.

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Give it 2 to 3 months more. I had a 337 limit and kept getting declined says not enough experience. 11th or 12th month smashed the button 2x and walked away with 12000. This was just in Sept. GL

Message 13 of 15
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

The only real question to determine if your card is bucketed is if the bucket came from Lowes or Home Depot😁

Message 14 of 15
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

I agree with everything said here, except when you call in with Synch, you always ask high!  They will counter offer your real approval. So, ask for $25K+, and they will give you what they can. They are also score driven, so have TU unlocked for a SP... Good Luck!

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.