Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed Account- Carecredit

tag
leogirl88
Valued Member

Closed Account- Carecredit

How long does the closed credit card show on your report. ALso about how long does it actually affect your score?

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Closed Account- Carecredit

Do you need the account? I don't think it would be reopened without a new hard pull. If you don't need it, just leave it be. A closed account in good standing usually doesn't hurt. It will just get older and contribute to your average age, even when closed. All damage you might have done with this account (usually not much or nothing at all) is already done.
Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

It will affect your score as long as it reports. It might report another 10 years, but may be deleted at any time (if it is positive). Negative accounts won't vanish early.
Message 2 of 4
leogirl88
Valued Member

I think it was closed due to being inactive. I had originally got the card to pay for my braces but was only approved for a 1500 limit. Which didnt cover them.  The balance is 0. So I went with chase health care advance which covered up to 8,500. Do you think its best to leave it closed or should I try to reopen it?
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you need the account? I don't think it would be reopened without a new hard pull. If you don't need it, just leave it be. A closed account in good standing usually doesn't hurt. It will just get older and contribute to your average age, even when closed. All damage you might have done with this account (usually not much or nothing at all) is already done.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.