Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed American Express Card

tag
Cory88
Frequent Contributor

Closed American Express Card

I just closed my Hilton Honours card as I did not want the AF and had no option to PC to the no AF card. I can't see the $95 AF with everything that is going on now. I have been with AMEX since 2011 and a 777 EX FICO, do they still do a SP if you login to open a new account? Any good cards that people like with no AF? One thing with me being home as much as I have gotten through a got of cards and weeded out old cards or PC them.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Closed American Express Card

Yes as long as you have an open account with them, all new apps are SP's.

Message 2 of 6
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

It's a high likelihood that it'll be SP. Nothing is guaranteed. They could HP and they could pull more than one bureau. Both happened to me after already having a relationship. That being said, almost everything I've done and apped for was SP.

Message 3 of 6
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I wish more companies would follow this procedure.

Kudos to AMEX!  Smiley Very Happy

Potential Future Cards
Message 4 of 6
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry this is not true. Ive been hard pulled on my last 2 applications with Amex and thats afteri got back in starting out with a Green Card, 1 hp, and Everyday sp. Followed by BCE ,sp, followed by Spg/Bonvoy HP, followed by Delta Blue , HP.

Amex is a ymmv  creditor. Most see sps but hard pulls do and can occur even for established members.

Message 5 of 6
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

To Op, i also closed my Bonvoy yesterday. Just cant afford the AF right now, painless procedure to close though. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.