Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed Barclay NFL Visa today

tag
djshifted
Regular Contributor

Closed Barclay NFL Visa today

I was going back and forth with myself whether or not to keep my NFL card through Barclay or to roll the remaining limit into my Wyndham Rewards Visa.  One of the nicer things about it is that they allow you to cash in points directly to your bank account, but I wasn't really using the card much after meeting the minimum spend for the opening bonus ($100 or $125 in points).  Decided to call in this morning, rolled the balance over into the Wyndham and closed down the card.

Still have 3 cards open with Barclay.  If I can get another general spend card (thinking of applying for Cap1 QS or QS1, Not sure if Discover will like me yet) I'll do the same with my Barclay Rewards MC into my Aviator, so it doesn't look like having 2 cards closed by the same issuer back to back.

Starting Scores (12/2012):EX 506; EQ 511; TU 518 | Current Scores (01/2016):EX 662; EQ 656; TU 653
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Closed Barclay NFL Visa today

Sounded like you made the right decision... I don't think having 2 cards closed from the same issuer is that big of a deal you know.  But do what makes you comfortable.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.