cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed Cap 1 card today and I feel great!

tag
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Closed Cap 1 card today and I feel great!

@odd_dog wrote:

@tinuviel wrote:

Good for you! You have a great line up of cards, and if the Cap1 no longer served your needs, then pruning it was a good move. It feels great to be able to move on once you've built up your CC portfolio and only keep what works best for you. Congrats!

Thanks tinuviel so true and I must thank the support of the "garden" for this. After learning about credit "on the street" Smiley Surprised it's nice to have a place with such a wealth of information to draw from....and great people to keep me from apping every time a CC catches my eye!!

Great turn of phrase! Smiley Very Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 11 of 13
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

Yeah, asked for a CLI on two of my cards and was told that I don't pay high enough on the balance.  To me this is funny since I used to pay off the entire balance on the card every month, then I sock drawed it.  My niece needed a credit card so I loan her that card to use.  Now they are earning interest on the card and don't want to give me more of a limit.  More than the minimum is paid each month, but not much more than the minimum, she is young after all.  I almost feel like doing all of my shopping on one of the other cards I have with them and paying that one off.  The one with the higher limit has 0% interest for the next year, so that would be like a slap in the face to them.  I toss them a bone and they gobble it up and don't do anything in return. 

Congrats on the closure. 

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 12 of 13
myjourney
Super Contributor

Clip clip CAP1 gone 

Congrats

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.