Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed Cap1 Secured Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Closed Cap1 Secured Card

Not sure if I should be sad, or happy? It feels like losing an old friend. Smiley Sad However, it was my smallest CL ($550), and since opening it last May with sub 500 scores across the board, our friendship has led to new financial relationships, and a new understanding of credit, diligence, and responsibility. In a short 11 months, I have grown my $250 (initial) secured card to the following:

AMEX PRG - $1k

AMEX BCE - $9.9k

AMEX BCP - $8.4k

Blispay - $2.9k

CAP1 QS - $3k

Chase Slate - $15k

Exxon SmartCard - $5k

Marvel MC - $10k

for a grand total of $55.2k - which led me to believe it was best to cut ties with ol' faithful. Cap1 has been good to me, giving me a chance to prove my credit-worthiness in the early stages of my rebuild. So long, old friend...

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
creditguy
Valued Contributor

Re: Closed Cap1 Secured Card

Well you did lose an old friend but that's ok you've got lots of new friends. Congrats on building one heck of a card portfolio in such a short time, very impressive!!!
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im debating on canceling my cap one secured card as well. However, I have no where the portfolio u have going on.. Congrats!

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's awesome!!  Congrats!!  Yes it was def time to let it go.  I can't wait to get rid of mine and get my $800 deposit back... 

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I closed mine about 2 months ago and felt the same way but it was time to move on finally. Congrats on the cards you have gotten since.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.