Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed Chase card

tag
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

Closed Chase card

I closed a Chase card over 2 months ago, yet it still appears in my online Chase account.

How long do closed Chase cards stick around like that? I'm considering applying for another Chase card, but their pre-occupation with the recently closed card is a bit concerning. I would rather not rock the boat too much, too soon.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Closed Chase card

It will appear forever unless you hide it in the settings. Top right should have a *customize accounts* option where you can choose which accounts to display. Both of my closed cards and checking account are still listed but hidden. Seems like they dont delete them from the system.

If you get an instant approval it won't be an issue. If it goes to manual review they may give you grief about the closed account. Chase is quirky sometimes.
Message 2 of 16
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Yeah I've just hidden all closed Chase accounts that I had. That's the only way to get it to not show up on the login page. Those accounts will stay there even 5 months from now.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 3 of 16
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

I was just wondering about the same thing. I have two closed Chase accounts.

Message 4 of 16
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Not to hijack this thread, but is there a way to hide closed barclay's accounts as well.. stupid RMC is stil showing up a few months after closure.. ThanksSmiley Happy

Message 5 of 16
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Chase will eventually remove the account from your online profile, so it does happen (can take anywhere from 3 to 6 months, but sometimes a bit longer IME).  In the meantime, most folks just hide them from view as suggested.

As far as Barclays, no option to hide.  Just wait until the next couple months and it will eventually disappear from your main dashboard.

Message 6 of 16
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Thanks Finstar.

Message 7 of 16
core
Valued Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Not to hijack this thread, but is there a way to hide closed barclay's accounts as well.. stupid RMC is stil showing up a few months after closure.. ThanksSmiley Happy

Not to hijack this thread, but is there a way to hide closed Cap One accounts as well... stupid secured card is showing up a year after closure... Thanks Smiley Happy

Normally I wouldn't care that it's there, but every feature on the site (statements/offers/etc) defaults to that closed account and it's REALLY a pain to do anything on Cap One's site for me now.

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

My closed accounts are half & half.  The newest are still there after 2 months.  The others left & went to the closed section.

Message 9 of 16
icyhot
Valued Contributor

@core wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Not to hijack this thread, but is there a way to hide closed Cap One accounts as well... stupid secured card is showing up a year after closure... Thanks Smiley Happy

Normally I wouldn't care that it's there, but every feature on the site (statements/offers/etc) defaults to that closed account and it's REALLY a pain to do anything on Cap One's site for me now.

For closed Capital One accounts, it's gonna stay as long as it's linked to your user name. You have to call them, have them disable the username altogether, then re-enroll in online banking with the cards you do have 

Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.