Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed Credit One

tag
jpope1294
Valued Member

Closed Credit One

I jumped in and closed Credit One.  It was a difficult task because the CSR kept trying to convince me to keep it open.  I think it took one transfer and four repeats before they finally got the point that I wanted to close the account.  I know I may take a score hit, but I am glad to have one less card to deal with when I don't use it at all.  My next close will be Merrick, then I will just stick with my two Cap 1 cards.  

Thanks group for the encouragement.  Credit moving in the right direction and it is definitely a journey and not a quick fix. 

Current scores(3/31/16):  EQ: 603 TU 622 EX 615

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Discover2016
Valued Contributor

Re: Closed Credit One

Congrats on closing them! May there be a Venture in your future!

Gardening until September 2025
Next app: Mortgage in September 2025
Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats, I'm getting near the point to close mine as well. Always good to read when a credit one or mypremier is tossed lol

Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

I close my credit one in July/August and then I close merrick in November!

Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I closed mine in January and closed Merrick last month. I got rid of all my subprime cards. Credit one was my oldest card. No score hit for closing any of them.
Message 6 of 19
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Nice job on moving forward with your credit profile improvement and leaving the baggage behind.

Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just closed my First Molester Master Card a week ago, and am just waiting for my BT to complete, then canceling my Corrupt One Visa.

Congrats !
Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I just closed my First Molester Master Card a week ago, and am just waiting for my BT to complete, then canceling my Corrupt One Visa.

Congrats !

Love those names!

Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well its how i feel with them
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.