cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed HSBC/Cap1 and possibly getting some LUV from Cap1?!?

tag
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

Closed HSBC/Cap1 and possibly getting some LUV from Cap1?!?

Called the Exec. offices of HSBC. Explained how I've had the $300 card for over a year, never late, yada yada. The lady (whom I could actually clearly understand) appologized to me about the situation, etc. I told her that i wanted to close my card b/c i felt as if they were not willing to grow with me. She said she would check for a CLI, but it would be a HP. I just said go ahead and close it. She's mailing me a $14 check for me having overpaid on the card recently.

I asked her about my Cap1 Plat card, and she called the Cap1 exec. offices and then had me speak with a very nice lady (whom of which i could also clearly understand). I explained to her about how i have had the card for nearly 2yrs, no baddies, and is currently at a zero balance. I explained to her that I had recently applied for the Cash Rewards card, but was denied due to having too many Cap1 accounts and that i had just closed my HSBC card. I told her how I have never been able to get a CLI with them, and I feel as if I am starting to outgrow that card as well. She said she understood my concern and is going to have the exec. office take a look into my situation. She says it will take a couple days, but if there is anything they can do for me; like getting me a CLI, PC, or even going ahead and approving me for the Cash Rewards card since I closd the HSBC card that she would do it. She said i should here back from here on Thursday since she is out of the office on Wednesday.

If this doesn't work out then I completely give up on trying to get any LUV from Cap1. Sure, I'll keep the card for a little while longer, but I won't like it.

-John

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
tylaw13
Regular Contributor

Re: Closed HSBC/Cap1 and possibly getting some LUV from Cap1?!?

let me know how it works out! ive always wondered if calling the exec number would give me any hope in getting a CLI.

EQ FICO - 725 (9/11/13) TU FICO - 724 (6/27/13) EX FICO (6/30/13) 755 AMEX
Im my wallet - Cap1 Platinum MC(2000) Chase Freedom(1500) AMEX BCE (7000) Discover IT (8000) CSP (15000) Cal Coast CU (8000)
Message 2 of 19
LS2982
Mega Contributor

OP good luck! Cap1 is just ridiculous to work with on CLI's.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 19
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

Thanks guys!

I hope this works out and if so then maybe it will open the door for others to do the same.

BK discharged 1/10/17

Message 4 of 19
SwampSystems
Frequent Contributor

John, good luck with all of that. Did you happen to get the phone number for the executive office?

Message 5 of 19
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@SwampSystems wrote:

John, good luck with all of that. Did you happen to get the phone number for the executive office?

Thanks... I called the HSBC Executive Resolution office at 866-280-0118 to discuss closing that card and then had her transfer me to the Cap1 Executive offices.

BK discharged 1/10/17

Message 6 of 19
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

Still waiting for an update from the Cap1 Exec. office....but I did confirm the Cap1 Exec. Office phone number today!!

1-800-955-1455

It takes you to the small executive office and they answer M-F 8a-8p.

Good Luck

BK discharged 1/10/17

Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@j_casteel wrote:

Still waiting for an update from the Cap1 Exec. office....but I did confirm the Cap1 Exec. Office phone number today!!

1-800-955-1455

Good Luck

Odd. I have the same number but it's for someone named Peggy.

Message 8 of 19
SwampSystems
Frequent Contributor

@j_casteel wrote:

1-800-955-1455

Good Luck

Thanks so much! Called them today and they said they would look into a manual review.

Message 9 of 19
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@j_casteel wrote:

1-800-955-1455

Good Luck

Odd. I have the same number but it's for someone named Peggy.

How long has it been since you used it? I'm sure Peggy is in the office as well, but I've spoke with 2 different people neither were Peggy.

BK discharged 1/10/17

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.