Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed Kohls

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Closed Kohls

@Anonymous wrote:
The discounts are nice but then Kohl's is horribly overpriced anyway, so by the time the discount applies you're just paying what you'd pay somewhere else without the hassle of discount coupons & expiring Kohl's cash.

+1

My husband and I both got a Kohls because we are rebuilding, but it's a pain to put activity on it.  Shopping at Kohl's is a game. I don't like to play the coupon discount on marked-up prices game. The house always wins.

Message 21 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Everyone,

I currently have a kohls charge and its limit is $300 it has gone nowhere in over a year that i have had the card. I have tried CLI and no luck and they have yet to give any to me also. It is upsetting and i have also thoutht about closing the accont but havent because in all reality they do have alot of good deals for cardholders.

just a few weeks ago with coupons and kohls cash i bought levis for my brother for only$4.50. You cant get any better than that..besides the fact that you can use a coupon and kohls cash plus anthing else all together. There are many other stores where they will only let you use one. 

Yes it sucks about thier CL but all in all i am keeping the card because of the good benefits 

Message 22 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
The discounts are nice but then Kohl's is horribly overpriced anyway, so by the time the discount applies you're just paying what you'd pay somewhere else without the hassle of discount coupons & expiring Kohl's cash.

+1

My husband and I both got a Kohls because we are rebuilding, but it's a pain to put activity on it.  Shopping at Kohl's is a game. I don't like to play the coupon discount on marked-up prices game. The house always wins.

Plus the Kohl's Cash is just a little psychological trick to get you to come back and buy things at Kohl's that you probably wouldn't buy otherwise. 'Oh no, my KC is expiring I had better get to Kohl's!'

It's not that they don't sometimes have pretty good deals, it's just that for the card to really be beneficial you have to go to Kohl's A LOT. 

Message 23 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

So here's an amusing button on this story. Less than a week after I had posted here and decided to just pay this card off & close it, I login to do so and Kohls has bumped me up to $1000. Go figure. Mind you, they had just denied me an increase a week and a half before.

Message 24 of 29
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

Have had the card over a year and ask every couple months for CLI and it's always denied $300 limit.

I called and closed it.

Don't need and don't like it!

I know it might sound strange to some but that card is the reason i absolutely won't shop Kohls for anything.

Saturday there it was again in the same shopping center with Macy's, JC Penney's but i stroll right on past them every time. 

Message 25 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a Kohl's charge I used once to buy a kitchenaid mixer online. Never used it again. That place is a dump IMO and I agree that it's a big rat-race game to shop there. Sorry I would rather pay more for something at a higher end store than be subjected to that place ever again. Opened with a $700 limit 3 years ago and it remains $700 today
Message 26 of 29
RonM21
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

Have had the card over a year and ask every couple months for CLI and it's always denied $300 limit.

I called and closed it.

Don't need and don't like it!

Good for you. It was their business that they wouldn't budge, and your business that you decided to take elsewhere.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 27 of 29
slothy
Contributor

khols has been good to me for CLI's started at 300 a few years ago and and only hit the cli 3x times over the few years and at 2k now.  i do shop there alot though, not sure how much that weights in.

Message 28 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, closed mine...it was at 3K. No room to grow, easy choice.

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.