Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed Macy's Account Keeps Updating

tag
stan_the_man
Established Contributor

Closed Macy's Account Keeps Updating

This one has me head scratching. My wife closed her Macy's store card in 2007 (before we were married), but Macy's keeps updating the reporting every month.

All indications are that every time they update, the CRAs are pushing the reporting date back a month. Experian says it will stay on her report until July 2010, even though the status is "Closed/Never late." Transunion gives no indication that the account is closed, except for "Remark: Account closed by consumer". Equifax says "Activity Description: Closed" but the "Date Closed" field is blank.

Has anyone seen an example like this that the card is reporting closed, but the creditor keeps updating the account every month and the CRAs keep adding another month to the reporting time?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Closed Macy's Account Keeps Updating

I got Kays a few years ago and then applied for all the cards to the sister stores and on the 3rd one, the underwriter noticed that my bk was open not closed and they closed all 3 cards immediately but it reports in good standing every month with a 3k limit. I never even got to use it.  I have since gotten another kay card, have not noticed lately if the old one is still reporting or not

Message 2 of 4
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I have a couple of closed cards that update every month, along with another closed card that no longer updates.

If they're updating, and the info is correct and clean, I wouldn't mess with it.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 4
stan_the_man
Established Contributor

I'm not going to mess with it. The account has a zero balance and no baddies.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.