Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed Ritz Rewards card, please give insight on what to replace it with

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Closed Ritz Rewards card, please give insight on what to replace it with

Hello everyone. As the title says I closed my Ritz card this month before the $400 fee hit my statement next month. I don't stay at the Ritz enough to really use the perks. I was able to transfer half of my available credit to my CSP card with ease thanks to their great customer service and my 80k somewhat points don't dissapear, they transferred to my Ritz rewards account which is seperate from Chase all together. With that said,I want to add another card or possibly two. Does anyone have any recommendations? Thanks!

PS: It doesn't necessarily need to be a hotel card. 

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Re: Closed Ritz Rewards card, please give insight on what to replace it with

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello everyone. As the title says I closed my Ritz card this month before the $400 fee hit my statement next month. I don't stay at the Ritz enough to really use the perks. I was able to transfer half of my available credit to my CSP card with ease thanks to their great customer service and my 80k somewhat points don't dissapear, they transferred to my Ritz rewards account which is seperate from Chase all together. With that said,I want to add another card or possibly two. Does anyone have any recommendations? Thanks!

Have you looked into Chase's other airline cards, like United MileagePlus Explorer or British Airways? I'd also look at their Ink cards if you have a business. Heard there's a good bonus going on for the Ink Plus.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 2 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@chalupaman wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Have you looked into Chase's other airline cards, like United MileagePlus Explorer or British Airways? I'd also look at their Ink cards if you have a business. Heard there's a good bonus going on for the Ink Plus.

Ink Plus bonus ended on 3/1

Message 3 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't own a business although the ink card promo does sound great. The MileagePlusClub sounds decent but the annual fee is to much to justfiy. I've never flown British Airways. I was considering the AMEX Jet Blue card as I do travel from Boston to Miami, Tampa, and Vegas a few times a year.

Message 4 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't own a business although the ink card promo does sound great. The MileagePlusClub sounds decent but the annual fee is to much to justfiy. I've never flown British Airways. I was considering the AMEX Jet Blue card as I do travel from Boston to Miami, Tampa, and Vegas a few times a year.

AMEX Jet Blue card is being discontinued sometime in the near future as they have ended their relationship 

Message 5 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yea I read end of 2015. Sounds decent in the meantime..

Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why only transfer half the limit?
Message 7 of 20
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Ink Plus bonus ended on 3/1

Yeah I just checked. Thanks for the correction.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 8 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nixon - Thats all they would do, and I'm easy going. I didn't want to argue. I have plenty of available credit in relation to what I owe. I'm at about 3%. 

Side note... I'm sure its quite simple but I can't figure out how to quote on this site. 

Message 9 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Weird. I was able to move entire SW limit to my RC.

Who handled it? Did you call JPM CS?
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.