Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed Total Rewards tonight

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Closed Total Rewards tonight

Due to how flaky comenity been recently I closed my Total Rewards card tonight with a 10.5k CL... Leaving my Virgin America open though.  I closed it on my own terms vs. possibly having them do it.. Also lower my total available credit which is good as well at least for meSmiley Happy..  Cutting up card now!

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Closed Total Rewards tonight

Good move, CC. Wish I could close mine now as well, but will probably be late this year or early next.  Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 18
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

Good decision CC. 

Message 3 of 18
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Good choice. It seems like a pretty "meh" card anyway unless you are staying at the properties a ton. Otherwise, meh. No loss.

Message 4 of 18
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Thanks all... Small weight lifted off my shoulder as don't have to stress about a possibly shut down.. Although unlikely, was not fun having a card that one is scared to use due to all the AA stuff they have been doing to some people whether it is one account with them or many.

Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:

Good choice. It seems like a pretty "meh" card anyway unless you are staying at the properties a ton. Otherwise, meh. No loss.

Since it's possible to get the card down to 13% APR, and it does have somewhat frequent 0% balance transfer offers for 18 months, it's not exactly "meh", but there are better cards out there. Comenity isn't worth the risk, as well. They are too unpredictable. Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Thanks all... Small weight lifted off my shoulder as don't have to stress about a possibly shut down.. Although unlikely, was not fun having a card that one is scared to use due to all the AA stuff they have been doing to some people whether it is one account with them or many.

+1. I feel the same way.

Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did they question you about the closure at all? Seems like they'd be concerned about losing a valuable customer. Or at least wonder the reasons?
Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Did they question you about the closure at all? Seems like they'd be concerned about losing a valuable customer. Or at least wonder the reasons?

Hopefully he completed it on the automated line and did not speak with a live person. Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 18
ScoreOrBeScored
Valued Contributor

Jon well done CC. I closed my Express last month. Wasn't using it. !!!

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.