Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed account to reopen

tag
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

Closed account to reopen

Hey guys, I was evaluating and analyzing the value of credit cards and one in particular was the US Bank Altitude Reserve, which was closed by me, I had it for maybe a month of last year or something like that, but the reason why I want to get it reopen is because I want to use it every year primarily for the airline tickets, I would get $325 for an annual fee of $75, I then would upgrade from Chase Unlimited/Freedom just to transfer to transfer partners. So, I see the value of it now.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Closed account to reopen

Most anecdotal evidence I’ve seen says that a closed account remains closed and if you want the card, you’ll have to re-app for it. Some lenders may reopen a closed account if it was closed in good standing but by and large, when they’re gone they’re gone.
Message 2 of 5
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Unfortunately, USB will not reopen the closed account OP. If you had reconsidered that decision within 30 days (or less) they would have likely reopened it via a HP.

You'll need to reapply as mentioned above.
Message 3 of 5
NRB525
Super Contributor

OP let us discuss your plans for the two cards.

USBank Altitude Reserve is issued by USBank, not Chase. Points earned on Altitude Reserve are not transferable to any airlines or hotels.

Chase Freedom Unlimited is issued by Chase. Ultimate Reward points earned on the Chase Freedom Unlimited can be transferred by Chase Sapphire Reserve.

Chase Sapphire Reserve is issued by Chase Bank, and earns, can transfer Ultimate Rewards points. There is a travel credit available on CSR, but the resulting net AF is $125.

With that info, does that change your view to how Altitude Reserve and CFU are not linked?
High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 4 of 5
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

I know, but what I'm saying is that the annual fee pay for itself.  I'm not getting the Altitude Reserve for anything but airline tickets, but I'm using the Reserve for the ticket as well and as far as travel partners too. I will not use the Altitude for any other purpose so its most likely be SD.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.