cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed all my subprime cards yesterday. Officially rebuilt, and in the garden!

tag
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Closed all my subprime cards yesterday. Officially rebuilt, and in the garden!

@Jnbmom wrote:
Yes I agree No better place to be then debt free.

Also it's great to close those cards. I remember when I closed my FP, the guy actually tried to explain FICO to me and asked if I knew how it worked and that closing my card would most definitely hurt my score😂

I replied how so, he went on with closing my account would hurt my age, umm no and that I would be losing some utilization, umm what my 750 limit again NO. He finally just said ok ma'am I will close it.

Giving me a lesson in FICO, yeah ok 😞

At least you were gracious enough to listen to his spiel 😂🤣😂🤣

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 11 of 22
SoCalifornia
Frequent Contributor

Re: Closed all my subprime cards yesterday. Officially rebuilt, and in the garden!

SUPER!!SUPER!!

Message 12 of 22
sarge12
Senior Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

That is one Huge Hurdle, you have Conquered!

I am sorry to say I know exactly where you got your user name from....anyone who does remember, is old as dirt...agent 99.

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ fico bankcard08=832 07/16/23
TU Fico Bankcard 08=840 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
EQ Resilience index score=58 03/09/21
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 13 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sarge12 wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

I am sorry to say I know exactly where you got your user name from....anyone who does remember, is old as dirt...agent 99.

Hush your mouth! I remember it as well, and I'm in my early 40s... I certainly do not consider that "old as dirt." They used to play Get Smart reruns on TV all the time when I was a kid, and I used to always watch them. Loved the shoe phone and the cone of silence.

Message 14 of 22
800FICOGoal
Established Contributor

Awesome!!! Congrats on your credit success!!!

Rebuild Cards

Goal Cards

Loans
Message 15 of 22
sarge12
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@sarge12 wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

Hush your mouth! I remember it as well, and I'm in my early 40s... I certainly do not consider that "old as dirt." They used to play Get Smart reruns on TV all the time when I was a kid, and I used to always watch them. Loved the shoe phone and the cone of silence.

I saw them new...

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ fico bankcard08=832 07/16/23
TU Fico Bankcard 08=840 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
EQ Resilience index score=58 03/09/21
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 16 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditInspired wrote:

@Jnbmom wrote:

Also it's great to close those cards. I remember when I closed my FP, the guy actually tried to explain FICO to me and asked if I knew how it worked and that closing my card would most definitely hurt my score😂

I replied how so, he went on with closing my account would hurt my age, umm no and that I would be losing some utilization, umm what my 750 limit again NO. He finally just said ok ma'am I will close it.

Now don't have card withdrawal and go back and try to reopen accounts. Usually I have a withdrawal period and have to tape my fingers so I can't type something foolish. Smiley Embarassed

Message 17 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

the help  shared here is just over the top ,, congrats on your sucsess

Message 18 of 22
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

What a great feeling!! CONGRATS!!!

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 19 of 22
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@CreditInspired wrote:

@Jnbmom wrote:

Yes he kinda didn't give me a choice kept talking and talking could hardly get a word in so I decided to play along 😁

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.