Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed and combined some Cap1 cards

tag
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Closed and combined some Cap1 cards

I combined my QS into my QS a few days ago. Now my QS's limit is 6400 from previously combining my second QS into the first QS. Closed my Cap1 secured card today. Also combined my mom's QS1 into her QS (originally a graduated rebiulder), new limit is 1350. So now we are down to hubby's QS and Buypower card, my QS and Buypower card, and mom's QS, total of 5 from a high of 11. Next up for closure is mine and mom's Fingerhut accounts (possibly hubby's also) and maybe both Buypower cards, depending upon if we can get an increase at 1 year. Every other card is 1K or above except for those cards.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Closed and combined some Cap1 cards

Feel good? 

I think once my QS1 hits the sixth statement, and I get (or not) the Steps increase (who knows what the status is on that old program?????) I'll combine the QS1 with my Plat/QS card and get a little space between myself and Cap 1. I appreciate their help with rebuilding, but their stinginess with the CLIs lately is frustrating. And I want to move into better tier cards, so I'll combine and keep the oldest one and see where it takes me. 

Message 2 of 3
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Re: Closed and combined some Cap1 cards

As of the 10th of May, the steps were still going because that's when mom got hers. We have Amex, Discover, NFCU, Chase, Citi now so Cap1 did their job and started our rebuild. But like I told the Cap1 CSR, I'm past needing a secured card.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.