Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed another one.... Car Credit

tag
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Closed another one.... Car Credit

Well I have had this card from Synchrony for about a year 10K limit and honestly never used the darn thing.  So I decided today was the day and I closed it.  Since I have hit my "wall" with Snychrony I decided to get rid of it. I still have a few more to trim down, comtemplating Wayfair and my Synch Care credit, neither gets much use as my daughter has completed her dental work and just don't get much from Wayfair anymore.  Will sit or these for a few and then decide.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: Closed another one.... Car Credit

@Jnbmom wrote:

Since I have hit my "wall" with Snychrony I decided to get rid of it. 

Congrats!  I hit my wall (knee high wall) and decided to unload all of my Synch....so, don't blame ya.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 2 of 37
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

🎶 ANOTHER ONE! THE BEST MUSIC....DJ KHALID!🎶 😁
Message 3 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

What a blessing it is to close out $10K to $20K cards. Hopefully this time next year I will be doing the same and going after the majors. I’m right about 9% utilization right now just trying to stay under 10.
Message 4 of 37
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@Jnbmom wrote:

Well I have had this card from Synchrony for about a year 10K limit and honestly never used the darn thing.  So I decided today was the day and I closed it.  Since I have hit my "wall" with Snychrony I decided to get rid of it. I still have a few more to trim down, comtemplating Wayfair and my Synch Care credit, neither gets much use as my daughter has completed her dental work and just don't get much from Wayfair anymore.  Will sit or these for a few and then decide.

I've always wondered what space the Car Credit card fit into.  I've never seen it advertised at the dealer or anywhere for that matter.  I'm one of those guys who makes sure my cars never miss a beat as far as maintenance so I would have certainly made use of the special financing.

Congrats on ditching it though...especially since you said you didn't have much use for it.  

Message 5 of 37
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Loquat wrote:

@Jnbmom wrote:

I've always wondered what space the Car Credit card fit into.  I've never seen it advertised at the dealer or anywhere for that matter.  I'm one of those guys who makes sure my cars never miss a beat as far as maintenance so I would have certainly made use of the special financing.

Congrats on ditching it though...especially since you said you didn't have much use for it.  

I think jnbmom meant Care Credit. Typo Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 6 of 37
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

No Sync Car One is different than Care Credit. It can be used at over 500000 auto places, gas stations, etc and i have it, the PepBoys version. Has good promos, crazy high apr but thats why you pif or use a promo. I like that i can go into a Shell and put in gas or buy some milk , its a nice featureSmiley Wink
Message 7 of 37
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
No Sync Car One is different than Care Credit. It can be used at over 500000 auto places, gas stations, etc and i have it, the PepBoys version. Has good promos, crazy high apr but thats why you pif or use a promo. I like that i can go into a Shell and put in gas or buy some milk , its a nice featureSmiley Wink

How did you get the PepBoys version? Apply online or in store?

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 8 of 37
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@AverageJoesCreditDo you know if this a card that dealers accept?

Message 9 of 37
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Oh Wow, I need some coffee!! Since jnbmom also mentioned daughter's dental work, I totally missed the Sync Care Credit part. Good catch ajc. I love keeping my peeps on their toes. Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 10 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.