Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 11 of 37
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Re: Closed another one.... Car Credit

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
No Sync Car One is different than Care Credit. It can be used at over 500000 auto places, gas stations, etc and i have it, the PepBoys version. Has good promos, crazy high apr but thats why you pif or use a promo. I like that i can go into a Shell and put in gas or buy some milk , its a nice featureSmiley Wink

What kind of promos do you get on Car Credit? I'm thinking of adding another Sync account. I have PayPal MC & Lowes w/$10k & $15k, Walmart is $10k but going to Cap One, and I closed my PayPal Credit after Synch took it over. And TU is my highest score, but no one ever pulls it.

Message 12 of 37
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Another one bites the dust. Yay! Cleaning house.👍

Message 13 of 37
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Hi @DaveInAZ, i believe they run promos on things like spend $199 or $299 and above where you get 6 months 0% so long as you pay bsck within those 6 months.
Message 14 of 37
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Nice going @Jnbmom. Getting rid of CCs that won't be used is a good thing!

I remember your recent CLI with PayPal Credit, and with Car Care being gone, where does this leave you as far as SYNCB total exposure?
Message 15 of 37
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@FinStar wrote:
Nice going @Jnbmom. Getting rid of CCs that won't be used is a good thing!

I remember your recent CLI with PayPal Credit, and with Car Care being gone, where does this leave you as far as SYNCB total exposure?

@FinStar  I believe I was at 102, so closing this and  when capone takes over Wallyworld, I   should be back around 80. If I close carecredit that should have me well under my max.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 16 of 37
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@pinkandgrey wrote:

Congrats! I’m so proud. *sniffles and wipes away tears*

@pinkandgrey  Awwww thanks😆

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 17 of 37
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@CreditInspired wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
No Sync Car One is different than Care Credit. It can be used at over 500000 auto places, gas stations, etc and i have it, the PepBoys version. Has good promos, crazy high apr but thats why you pif or use a promo. I like that i can go into a Shell and put in gas or buy some milk , its a nice featureSmiley Wink

Oh Wow, I need some coffee!! Since jnbmom also mentioned daughter's dental work, I totally missed the Sync Care Credit part. Good catch ajc. I love keeping my peeps on their toes. Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

@CreditInspired  yes it's car credit, but I understand the confusion lol

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 18 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jnbmom wrote:
@FinStar  I believe I was at 102, so closing this and  when capone takes over Wallyworld, I   should be back around 80. If I close carecredit that should have me well under my max.

Wow, someone was ambitious w/ Synch cards over the years Smiley Wink  Escaping unscathed as well and flipping them the blue envelope of your own.

Message 19 of 37
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Awesomeness @Jnbmom 😁 That would definitely free up quite a bit (especially after Wally's departure) so you can grow the others!

I'm likely going to follow suit on closing PayPal Credit similarly to what @CreditCuriosity did. Maybe lower the CL on a couple others and see about a CLI on Wally's.

I can only imagine what you and @pinkandgrey would do to my collection if I tasked you both with some CC housecleaning and closures! 😄

It might resemble like stepping into a large walk-in closet.
Message 20 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.