Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed cap1 online

tag
darkpearl
Regular Contributor

Closed cap1 online

I had a very bad customer service experience with Cap1 on their banking side, and I told them at the end of the conversation that I would no longer have any financial relationship with them. I just closed my cap1 quicksilver card, and you can do it online. Wowww they really do not have any qualms about customer retention huh.

I replaced it with the HSBC 1.5% (and 10% annual bonus) rewards card. I got the Uber card at the end of last year and between that, my amex, and my double cash card I have not had a real need for my quicksilver anyways.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Closed cap1 online

@darkpearl wrote:

I had a very bad customer service experience with Cap1 on their banking side, and I told them at the end of the conversation that I would no longer have any financial relationship with them. I just closed my cap1 quicksilver card, and you can do it online. Wowww they really do not have any qualms about customer retention huh.

I replaced it with the HSBC 1.5% (and 10% annual bonus) rewards card. I got the Uber card at the end of last year and between that, my amex, and my double cash card I have not had a real need for my quicksilver anyways.

I always say to do what you feel is right for you, but I'll also add to not let one bad CSR experience turn you away from an entire company.

In any case it looks like you have good replacements for the closed card... congrats!

Message 2 of 7
tricie17
Frequent Contributor

HSBC is owned by Capital One!!

Starting Score: 544
Current Score: 661
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 7
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@tricie17 wrote:

Actually they're not... most of the old HSBC credit card portfolio was sold to Capital One in 2012 but now HSBC is issuing their own personal cards again. 

Anybody who apps for an HSBC card now will be with HSBC.  Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 7
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

@tricie17 wrote:

Actually they're not... most of the old HSBC credit card portfolio was sold to Capital One in 2012 but now HSBC is issuing their own personal cards again. 

Anybody who apps for an HSBC card now will be with HSBC.  Smiley Happy

+1.   HSBC is much bigger than Cap One (7th largest in the world)

Message 5 of 7
Blodreina
Established Contributor

May not have many/any cards left over time if this remains your policy.  You could be doing yourself a disservice by not evaluating the product in totality.

Message 6 of 7
darkpearl
Regular Contributor

There is a difference between a bad customer service experience and an unforgivable customer service experience. This was the latter. In addition, all of my current cards are better than my QS.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.