Did you mean: 

Closed my chase Sapphire but...

tag
red259
Super Contributor

Re: Closed my chase Sapphire but...

@TravellingNomad wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey Guys i need some kind of feedback on this..

I called chase about two weeks ago to see if i could transfer some of sapphire cl to my chase freedom which i use more frquently. the rep told me i could but not the entire cl i figured there was at least $500 cl left on sapphire after the consolidation. Today i checked CK and noticed my credit went down 45pts due to that acct being reported as closed which is not what i wanted to do. i will call chase tomorrow and see if they can reinstated as open.. Has anyone heard of chase reopening an acct after being closed? (its been less than 2 weeks since this happened) 

Please let me know if anything Thanks

there may have also been a breakdown in communication. from what you said in your post, the rep thought that you were trying to transfer the whole credit line from Sapphire to Freedom. when you agreed to transfer whatever amount was allowed, rep may have thought you wanted to close Sapphire. Did you specifically tell rep not to close account? 

If this is the case then the mistake is on the part of the CSR. They should not be closing an account without the customer specifically stating that is what they are requesting. That is a huge assumption for a CSR to make. To OP I'm pretty sure chase can and likely will reopen the CS for you as long as you notify them right away. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.