Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed my chase united explorer card

tag
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Closed my chase united explorer card

I have had this card for well over 2 years. Starting limit 6.7K and that is where it has stayed. I initially got as as DD was supposed to study abroad and used it heavily for the miles and then COVID hit . I really don't travel much especially these days so I asked if I was eligible for an increase , well yes we can check with 2 pulls of course . I decided instead to just close it .

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
Hoben02
Frequent Contributor

Re: Closed my chase united explorer card

Might have been better to product change to the no fee United gateway card to preserve the credit line if it mattered. I do keep some airline card to keep miles from expiring but no worries with United miles

Chase (CSP,CF,CFU,southwest premier)
Barclay(jetblue, arrival)
Bofa(US pride, premium, travel, cash, Suzy komen)
Citi(Premier, Double cash, Costco)
Fnbo(Mlife)
Amex(everyday, cash, Hilton)
Blockfi
Caesars rewards
Sofi
Gemini
Cap One Savor One
Message 2 of 25
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@Hoben02 wrote:

Might have been better to product change to the no fee United gateway card to preserve the credit line if it mattered. I do keep some airline card to keep miles from expiring but no worries with United miles

Thanks. In all honestly every year I trim some cards that I don't utilize and they have been on my list for awhile .

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 3 of 25
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Jnbmom wrote:

I have had this card for well over 2 years. Starting limit 6.7K and that is where it has stayed. I initially got as as DD was supposed to study abroad and used it heavily for the miles and then COVID hit . I really don't travel much especially these days so I asked if I was eligible for an increase , well yes we can check with 2 pulls of course . I decided instead to just close it .

Oh no, isn't it against Forum TOS to close a CHASE card?

😁

Message 4 of 25
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

@Jnbmom wrote:

😁

@AverageJoesCredit  Oh sorry I forgot 😂😂😂

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 5 of 25
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

@Jnbmom  Congrats on your early Spring Cleaning! ☘️

Message 6 of 25
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

@Jnbmom wrote:

😁

What do you mean?  

Maybe it's daylight savings time throwing people off, but I think you got them confused with NFCU. 

Had it been them, this thread would be 5 pages of "You just ruined the best thing in your life, ever. Tragedy" 

On a more serious note  what is it that triggers you about chase? I'm asking because it comes up often, but I've never seen you type a reason for it. That much resentment towards a corporate entity must have a reason.

Was it denial? Or continuously being over 5/24, hence inability to get approved?  

Message 7 of 25
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@Remedios  Oh yes NFCU I would be burned at the stake or pebbled with rocks 😂

I don't really dislike chase I just don't have any cards other than the United and well 5/24 I am so over that it's not funny . Maybe years down the road I will get one of their cards but for now with everything I have going on ,  I am just trying to simplify a bit and really want to close some cards . That card really didn't work for me , I have a few others that will be next , most certainly my Walmart card with Cap one which I can admit I don't particularly care for them 😂

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 8 of 25
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Jnbmom wrote:

I don't really dislike chase I just don't have any cards other than the United and well 5/24 I am so over that it's not funny . Maybe years down the road I will get one of their cards but for now with everything I have going on ,  I am just trying to simplify a bit and really want to close some cards . That card really didn't work for me , I have a few others that will be next , most certainly my Walmart card with Cap one which I can admit I don't particularly care for them 😂

Cap One is willing to approve me for Platinum and secured card. I gotta do some thinking here 😐 

Message 9 of 25
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@Remedios wrote:

@Jnbmom wrote:

Cap One is willing to approve me for Platinum and secured card. I gotta do some thinking here 😐 

😂😂😂😂

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.