Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed my secured Capital One Card

tag
GirlMelanie89
Established Contributor

Closed my secured Capital One Card

Well...my Cap1 secured card has served its purpose. I closed a few moments ago and it was a bittersweet moment. I still have the QS1 card with a $2100 limit, but I have my sights set on a Venture card when I get to the 700s.

GoodbyeSecured card...hello prime card (evenutally) Smiley Wink

Bankruptcy discharged: May 2014 Starting Score: 571 Goal Score: 700
Current Score: 676 (EQ FICO) 674 (EX FICO) 662 (TU FICO)

Mortgage Loan Originator in Kentucky
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Closed my secured Capital One Card

Good for you and grats to all your success Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well deserved after your other thing fell through... Hang in there and good job!!

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@GirlMelanie89 wrote:

Well...my Cap1 secured card has served its purpose. I closed a few moments ago and it was a bittersweet moment. I still have the QS1 card with a $2100 limit, but I have my sights set on a Venture card when I get to the 700s.

Congrats.  I closed mine out about six months ago when I got the Venture and QS.  My scores were not in the 700 range when I got it, but if you're looking for a higher limit, then it is probably better to wait for them to hit 700.  Enjoy the feeling of success that comes from moving to the next phase of your credit building life. 

Message 4 of 13
_NERD
Established Contributor

Nice.

3B profile optimization in progress...
Message 5 of 13
GirlMelanie89
Established Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:
Good for you and grats to all your success Smiley Happy

Thank you gdale6!!

Message 6 of 13
GirlMelanie89
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Well deserved after your other thing fell through... Hang in there and good job!!

Aww man...tell me about it! Lol. And I'm trying.  Thank you Yes-Its-Me!!! 

Message 7 of 13
GirlMelanie89
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@GirlMelanie89 wrote:

Congrats.  I closed mine out about six months ago when I got the Venture and QS.  My scores were not in the 700 range when I got it, but if you're looking for a higher limit, then it is probably better to wait for them to hit 700.  Enjoy the feeling of success that comes from moving to the next phase of your credit building life. 

Lol It's funny you say that kaykay65. Since I wasn't apping for another home until next year, I went ahead and apped for the QS and Venture 1.  Got a pproved for both, but with low limits...$2,000 & $1,000 respectively.  Hopefully, they'll grow with me! 

Message 8 of 13
GirlMelanie89
Established Contributor

@_NERD wrote:
Nice.

Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@GirlMelanie89 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@GirlMelanie89 wrote:

Lol It's funny you say that kaykay65. Since I wasn't apping for another home until next year, I went ahead and apped for the QS and Venture 1.  Got a pproved for both, but with low limits...$2,000 & $1,000 respectively.  Hopefully, they'll grow with me! 

Congrats on your approvals.  I'm sure they will grow for you.  I liked getting the $5k limit on the Venture, but my spend is not enough to meet the bonus, so it probably is better that you were able to get the V1.  In 6 months I'm looking at doing a combination if I can and roll the limit of the Venture into the QS.    Also, now that I've got the Barclay Rewards MC in 6 months, if allowed, I  will roll my CL from the Apple Rewards into it.  I'm in a consolidation mood now.  Have you looked into the BBVA Amex?  My score was just a little bit higher when I applied.  You might be eligible for that card.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.