Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing 3 new accounts....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Closing 3 new accounts....

Ok in March i applied for 3 cards all with tthe same company, they in fact honored there word and ran one hard on my TU and 2 Softs for the others......my dilema each card was approved for 1k...so i dont feeel they help my score whatsoever they are never used....etc. Will closing all three with a avaliable 3k together hrt my score? AAoA? My oter cards amex, citi, discover, barclays, and chase all have CLs way above that with my UTL at 3% so any adive before i call them to cancel the accounts? Sorry if this is redundant couldnt find a thread that talked about this specific situation.

Thanks

Mark"

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Re: Closing 3 new accounts....

Just curious, who gave you 3 CC on 1 inquiry? 

Message 2 of 8
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

I am confused with some things, as you had fraud occurring on your credit profile were you actively seeking new credit?

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value
Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955

800+ Club
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Fraud happened I think because my Computer was infected with viruses, hence i bought a MAC!!!! but no i applied to Chase/BankOne Texas and they approved me for 3 affinity cards in feb. and march. April 18th is when my SSN AND EVERYTHING WENT HAYWIRE!!!! the police report says it was most likely a computer infected virus or something. Point is thank god I fixed it!!! if only EQ would remove the INQs too!!! But nope just the fraudelently opened TLs....But all my FICO TU AND EQ are 720-770ish. But i now have way to many cards, i neeed to get rid of stupid ones like these with 1k and 3k CLs does that look bad will it damage anything never even charged on them??? AAOA afffected? thanks guys

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

and by that i mean literally closing them, not sock drawer, my EXPERIAN report says i have 0 negative items but 22 Accounts in good standing of which 14 are OPEN! i need to get rid of some! nOT MY BARCLAYS THOUGH lol

Message 5 of 8
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Closed accounts count towards your AAofA so closing them won't change a thing. If you want to dump a line or two try combining into one card. Have you tried to do that? Ask for a supervisor when you call. 

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Rolling,

This thread is sticked at the top of this Credit Cards Forum.  

It's pretty helpful.  Hope it helps you decide what's best for you.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the advice smallfry, and to the second poster i DID contact the lendors which lead to the letters requesting the CRA to remove, EX,TU did pretty fast, It has now been 40 days they have deleted 3of the TL but not the 4th just says closed by consumer THE INQ though are killing me my score is still well above 700 but i want that BMW CARD and heard they are inq. sensitive. Oh and Smallfry i went ahead and closed them, Chase wouldnt convert Affinity cards into one so i just closed them score alert hast said anything aside its already posting CLOSED. So 0 balance on all of them never used so ya my main Concern was AAoA but if it wont affect it, especially 3 month old cards. So Hopefully i get those ""mn inq. off and one FRAUD TL that Eq has yet to remove.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.