Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Closing Amazon store card

@twist7d7 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@twist7d7 wrote:

See where you can get with a SP CLI. They might give you a decent limit that you could use or could at least pad some util. Its a no AF card so i say by all means keep it.  IMHO

So sp cli on Amazon card ?!  

100% YES

Try it and if they don't make up for lost time with enough limit for you, then you won't lose any sleep without it.

I'm trying to garden right now for a CSP I don't want to cli so then chase says " you carry too much credit for your income"  *bS* .... I'm literally about to jump the fence for a Barclays us airways 50k miles offer !!!!!!! 

What does your credit picture look like? Ive thought that way too for the longest time but I keep getting more and more credit. Just got the 10 lowes. call them and ask for 25k!!

WHats your income ?! I got a couple inq across all 3 CRA  no baddies tho 

Message 11 of 21
App_Addict
Valued Contributor

If you don't have a use for it, I understand you wanting to close it.  I would say go with your gut and do what you feel is right for you.  Good luck in your credit journey! 

CURRENT SCORES: TU: 698 21 Apps / EX: 644 28 Apps / AAoA: 4.4 Yrs. / Util. 5% / Goal: 750 by 12/22

Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@twist7d7 wrote:

Come to think of it chase might like another high CL on your account FYI

Ingot a couple non-toy Cl's one of them being chase 5k united card

Message 13 of 21
twist7d7
Regular Contributor

50k Is the Amazon store card your only card?

AMEX PRG (NPSL) Lowes (10k) CSP (7.2k) AMEX BCE (6k) Cap1 QS (3.5k) Citi DC (2.6K) BofA (2.5K)M&T Bank visa (2k) Discover iT (1800) Slate (1k)
Future Cards Sallie Mae, US Bank Cash+, Freedom
Goal increase CLs by 20k in 2015
Message 14 of 21
twist7d7
Regular Contributor

@App_Addict wrote:

If you don't have a use for it, I understand you wanting to close it.  I would say go with your gut and do what you feel is right for you.  Good luck in your credit journey! 

Id second this then. 

AMEX PRG (NPSL) Lowes (10k) CSP (7.2k) AMEX BCE (6k) Cap1 QS (3.5k) Citi DC (2.6K) BofA (2.5K)M&T Bank visa (2k) Discover iT (1800) Slate (1k)
Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@twist7d7 wrote:

50k Is the Amazon store card your only card?

No my amazon card cl is 500 , what I said about 50k was a offer for a Arline card offering that amount of miles all you do is pay the AF and do one purchase .... 

Message 16 of 21
twist7d7
Regular Contributor

no my income is 50k. anyways my vote is to ask for 25k see what they counter with and go from there. 

Message 17 of 21
KneelBeforeZod
Frequent Contributor

I ended up closing my store card after getting the Amazon Visa Rewards via Chase. The one thing the store card is nice for is the interest free offers.

I had some frustration with the low limit I had with them compared to Chase giving me $6,500.
Current Scores (Dec 20, 2015) - EQ=719 EX=739 TU=740
Message 18 of 21
ddemari
Super Contributor

I closed my store card a while back.
Never gave me any promo offers, Zero perks to me.
Message 19 of 21
DantGwyrdd
Frequent Contributor

eah, Re: Closing Amazon store card

Yeah, if your're not using it, I'd close it too. The only thing it's really useful is the deferred interest deals, but, again, if you're not using it then this won't be a benefit either. On a side note, in my experience, Synch likes you using the card--I got an $1100 auto CLI after my third statement and I've read of other people's similar auto CLI experiences.

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.