Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing Cards Monday

tag
NY_Beauty
Regular Contributor

Closing Cards Monday

Open Skyy wants me to pay a $74 annual fee in January.  I said "no thank you, I'll close the card." They came back with an offer of $29.  I'll leave it open until December.

I actually did close my Capital One MC as they made no attempt to keep me.  Now that I'm in Prime land I don't need them anymore anyway (not to say that they didn't help me get here!) 

Not worried about AAOC for a few reasons... First because I have everything that I need in terms of credit and property.  Second because the lovely people at Amex treated me so well and backdated my cards to my original date that I opened my first green back in 1994.  Life is good!

I don't like having many cards open... Trying to enjoy the simple life!

Happy Monday!

Amex Green Amex Gold Delta Rewards Discover IT CU Rewards Visa Closed on my new home 5/2013!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
mnavas
Frequent Contributor

Re: Closing Cards Monday

Since you're in the "prime land" I think you made a good decision by closing those cards cuz you basically don't need them anymore... Good for you!!!! Happy monday for you too Smiley Wink
Message 2 of 9
goosedog
Regular Contributor

You are a role model for us Smiley Happy

Jk. Good job getting to where you don't need other cards to rely on. I am hoping one day I can hit the 800 club and get to where i don't have to worry about another 28% car loan like the one I am in. Bad credit will do that to you.

Message 3 of 9
NY_Beauty
Regular Contributor

Thanks mnavas!

Amex Green Amex Gold Delta Rewards Discover IT CU Rewards Visa Closed on my new home 5/2013!

Message 4 of 9
NY_Beauty
Regular Contributor

Tell me about it!  Before I refied my car last month I was at 12%.  I was able to get it down to 1.99% with my credit union!  I am a happy camper! 

Message 5 of 9
asphaltcowboy
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your decision and on your new home,

best of luck to you!!Smiley Happy

Starting Score TU 667 EQ 663 EX 655
Current Score TU 778 EQ 776 EX 781 Last Update 4/2016
Garden Club 04/10/2013
Message 6 of 9
JonStur
Established Contributor

Good for you... BTW did you try emailing Cap One or was that through cs.....

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 7 of 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 8 of 9
NY_Beauty
Regular Contributor

@JonStur wrote:

Good for you... BTW did you try emailing Cap One or was that through cs.....

I called the CS line and was told to destroy my card immediatelty!  They didn't even let me get cold!  Ha ha ha!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.