Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing Credit One card, Help!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Closing Credit One card, Help!

Not to hijack the thread but I just called to cancel mine they offered me the moon the sun and the stars  to not cancel who knows why I never use that card, I was like let's amend the terms to grace period on interest charges, nope.

Message 11 of 17
Moni209
Contributor

I was just offered their AMEX card Im sure they will want to do whatever it takes to keep us. But Nope! Im done.

Current Score: 4•29 | EQ 666 | TU 673 | EX 666
Goal Score: 730
Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I canceled one of my cards with them I just sent them a letter. They cancelled without any issues. 

Message 13 of 17
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

@Moni209 wrote:

I was just offered their AMEX card Im sure they will want to do whatever it takes to keep us. But Nope! Im done.

Curious...did that offer come via the account itself (Offers), or did they mail/email you the offer?

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 14 of 17
805orbust
Valued Contributor

Close it. It did its job. Consider the Credit One card a temporary worker. You hire it for a time, then fire it once the job is done. I'd say that time has come. Your Aaoa doesn't look like itll be affected whatsoever. Jump.

Message 15 of 17
Moni209
Contributor

Thank you all

Current Score: 4•29 | EQ 666 | TU 673 | EX 666
Goal Score: 730
Message 16 of 17
mau471
Contributor

I just recently closed my account earlier this month and they offered $200 CLI and a 6 month reduction in interest rate. I had one of their better options on the visa with $79 first year and then $39 AF and a grace period on purchases but was so happy to ditch them.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.