Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing First Premier Bank

tag
lissa1184
Established Member

Closing First Premier Bank

How will closing my First Premier bank credit card affect my credit? I have two cards with them. Prior to obtaining a few new cards (last month) I had four credit cards. The First Premier cards are a few months older than the rest. I am itching to close them. They were opened in 2006.

Starting Scores May 2013: EQ 604 TU 661 EX 690
Goal Scores: 700+
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Closing First Premier Bank

@lissa1184 wrote:

How will closing my First Premier bank credit card affect my credit? I have two cards with them. Prior to obtaining a few new cards (last month) I had four credit cards. The First Premier cards are a few months older than the rest. I am itching to close them. They were opened in 2006.

AXE THEM BOTH!!!!

AXE IT.jpg

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 5
lissa1184
Established Member

Hilarious! That is exactly how I feel. I just want to make sure it will not reflect negatively.

Starting Scores May 2013: EQ 604 TU 661 EX 690
Goal Scores: 700+
Message 3 of 5
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@lissa1184 wrote:

Hilarious! That is exactly how I feel. I just want to make sure it will not reflect negatively.

Nope , you have cards that are equally as old as the FP cards. AXE EM'!!!!!!!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 5
phillyguy12
Frequent Contributor

i say axe em as long as your ult is low on your other cards, if cutting 700 in ava credit is going to sig. boost your ult wait till you get some cli love from barclay and or discover

Amx BCE-25k,Amx Zync-NSPL
Barclay's Mastercard-13.5k
Credit Union Visa-1k
Discover-24k, Khols-2k
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.