cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing My WF Bank Account. Will it affect my credit card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Closing My WF Bank Account. Will it affect my credit card?

I have a Wells Fargo Student Visa Rewards card. I've only been a card holder for a couple of months, but I've been a customer of WF for 9 years. I decided that enough was enough and I am tired of their lack of customer service and have decided to close my bank account and go with a CU. Will closing my bank account mean that they will close my credit card or will they just continue to give me online access and other means to pay my bill?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Closing My WF Bank Account. Will it affect my credit card?

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a Wells Fargo Student Visa Rewards card. I've only been a card holder for a couple of months, but I've been a customer of WF for 9 years. I decided that enough was enough and I am tired of their lack of customer service and have decided to close my bank account and go with a CU. Will closing my bank account mean that they will close my credit card or will they just continue to give me online access and other means to pay my bill?

Thanks!

The card will report as positive for 10 years. If you have a balance they'll let you login and pay it. 

So no, not really since your card is only a couple of months old. 

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't plan on closing the card, just the bank account. I plan on keeping the card. Will they force me to close the card if I close the bank account?

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

No it is a separate division of the bank. You can close your deposit accounts at WF and maintain your credit accounts😊

Message 4 of 11
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

No it is a separate division of the bank. You can close your deposit accounts at WF and maintain your credit accounts😊

+1

There is no problem having only a credit card with Wells Fargo.  Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 11
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

+1

I don't think anyone has ONLY a credit card with Wells Fargo.   From the news, they probably have 4 or 5 other WF products that they don't know about

Message 6 of 11
baller4life
Super Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

+1

I don't think anyone has ONLY a credit card with Wells Fargo.   From the news, they probably have 4 or 5 other WF products that they don't know about

😂😂

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

+1

I have no illusions that banking is a clean business but between the account openings and then learning of repo's of military members cars has me seriously thinking of taking all of my banking elsewhere.  I am not at all saying me moving away from WF will make .01 of a difference to them but when you start doing that level of BS to the very men and women that fight for our country is a line crossed that I do not forgive.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can just have a credit card with a bank. You do not need deposit accounts with them.

That being said, im surprised anyone is still doing business with WF.
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

+1

Smiley Surprised Smiley LOL sad but accurate lol

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.