cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing a chase card after one year?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Closing a chase card after one year?

Thanks for the advice but not trying to get rid of my points... Not sure where that comes from. I'm a college student myself, so I'll keep my points for my own use thank you. I'm not a high roller by any means, I just use my points wisely.
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry. It initially read as though you wanted to get rid of the card because you were getting too many points.

No one can tell you what Chase is going to think. Can't say if you'll be viewed as a churner. I'd guess, however, if this is the only card you are closing after one year you'd likely not get assessed as a bad risk. Just don't make a habit of it.
Message 12 of 13
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Lol the key part is more than I can use. Might not be as many for SOME people, but I'm at 180k points right now, and I probably get anywhere from 2-5k per month ( I'm all in on UR). I probably have enough for about 3/4 solid trips right now based on where/how I fly, and like I said earlier, I plan on getting a CSP again later this year to give me enough for another trip or 2

more than you can use now - now being the operative word here.  you dont know your future, nobody does.  the # you have is fine but its = to what an ink and old csr yielded so not that much in the grand scheme of things.  chase could care less what you do but I would always recommend getting another card and moving the line if possible.  by the time you app for the csp I am sure there will be a nice csr part 2 available

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.