Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing newer CC and impact on average account age

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Closing newer CC and impact on average account age

Hi. I opened a new credit card recently and now decided that I don't really need it anymore. The new account obviously impacted the average account age on my credit report and got me a hard pull-- both of which have negative credit impacts. The general question isas follows, is the average account age calculated on just open accounts or are closed accounts also considered. For example, if I close the newer account does that impact the average account age, and in that case help me? (I'm aware of the negative impacts it would have, such as reducing available credit and therefore the utilization ratio).

Thanks.

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Closing newer CC and impact on average account age

the answer is yes, it still affects your AAoA even if you have closed your CC. It will stay on your report for 10 years and then drop off.
Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Closing newer CC and impact on average account age

the answer is yes, it still affects your AAoA even if you have closed your CC. It will stay on your report for 10 years and then drop off.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.