Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Co-branded Credit Card Usage

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Co-branded Credit Card Usage

Short question: is my CC in danger from lack of use?

Long question: About five years ago, I used the SCT and  was approved for a Comenity Sportsmans Guide Visa. Over the years I have purchased a few things from the retailer, but it's been two years. I have a couple of minor charges billed to the card every month. Now and then I take the card out and charge a pizza or something similar to mix it up. Always PIF. My concern is does the retailer looking at my lack of in house spend? My CL is $15.5k, so it's not an account that I want to close.

Any input would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Co-branded Credit Card Usage

No.  The card issuer handles lending decisions like that.  As long as it's seeing use that satisfies the card issuer, you are fine.  A few reports of people who have never used their SG card for anything other than ultra cheap balance transfers in fact!

Message 2 of 4
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Hi @Anonymous , My thoughts are, if they have not CLD'd you by now.. they probably won't. JMHO

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @K-in-Boston and @M_Smart007 . I was hoping all would be well with the CC. I also thought about those with a Citi Sears MC. Figured a lot of those cards aren't getting in house use either.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.