Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Co-signer

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Co-signer

Lexa wrote:
Just curious, is there such a thing as a co-signer on a credit card? like there are co-signers on car loans and mortages?

Don't go joint on a CC, though. There's a world of hurt waiting out there if you do.

Mortgages should be the only jointly held credit, as homes are protected in case of BK.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Just curious, is there such a thing as a co-signer on a credit card? like there are co-signers on car loans and mortages?

Don't go joint on a CC, though. There's a world of hurt waiting out there if you do.

Mortgages should be the only jointly held credit, as homes are protected in case of BK.

Primary transportation (auto) is exempt as well, unless filing on the loan.  At least in TX.

Message Edited by txjohn on 08-25-2009 07:07 AM
Message 12 of 18
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

FL BK exemptions can be viewed here:

http://www.bankruptcyinformation.com/FL_exemp.htm

Auto provision not so generous as TX I think.

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

My student loans have been paid timely and in full..but AFTER they went to collections.  As a result, my credit is ruined.  At 33 years old, am I eligible to have a cosigner on a credit card?  Which ones accect applicants OVER age 21?  Will that establish credit for me?  Or only affect the cosigner??

Message 14 of 18
Jlu
Established Contributor

Re: Consigner

@plasticman wrote:

If I am not mistaken, under the new law, one can get a CC under age 21 without a consigner provided one can prove sufficient income via an employer.

This is the teen-celebrity clause so Justin Bieber can still get a Centurion Smiley Indifferent

EDIT: Holy thread bump

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 15 of 18
gettnthere
Established Contributor

Wow, this thread is more than 3years old.....lol NEEDING ADVICE, you may want to start a new thread with your question and you'll probably get more responses

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

+1000 to Jlu
Message 17 of 18
firesoul453
Contributor

@DI wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, and matter of fact the new law require those under 21  to have a cosigner to get a credit card.

Only requirement to get a credit card under 21 (I am still under 21 and have more than 6 lines of credit), is that you can pay for it. (Maybe you have a job, or maybe you have a bunch of money saved up)

Which makes me wonder why credit cards are (or were ever) offered to anyone who doesn't have any means of paying it off...

My ultimate credit wish,
a JP Morgan Palladium card
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.