Did you mean: 

Coastal Big Ticket Card

tag
NJTurnpike
Established Contributor

Coastal Big Ticket Card

Has anyone ever heard of this card?

https://www.coastal24.com/visa/big-ticket-card.htm

Standard APR is 18%, but for any single purchase of $600 or more, you get a 6 month apr of 0%. Wow! 

Not sure what the requirements were to join this CU, I couldn;t find any on their web site.

DCU ( pulled 3/29/13) EQ04 683 | Amex (pulled 3/28/13) EX 760 | US Bank (pulled 3/28/13) EX 753
CreditKarma (4/19/13) TU-TR 701 | TU Vantage 788 | USAA FAKO (3/31/13) EX 728, EQ 699, TU 737 |
Inquiries (4/18/13) EX 13 | EQ 13 | TU 14
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Coastal Big Ticket Card

Waring your monitor just went off Lol

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 18
starry1
Valued Contributor

The banking fees are ridiculous.

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 1/22/15 TU 645; EQ 605; EX 633 New goal 675
Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / Fingerhut $2k / Flagship $12k / cashRewards $12k / NavChek $15k / Amazon $2k / Von Maur $1k / Firestone $2.2k / BCU $3k / NFL $1k / QS1 $750 / Target $400 / PPSC $800 / Conoco $700 (last app 09/29/14)
Message 3 of 18
NJTurnpike
Established Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

Just window shopping...geez. Smiley Wink

DCU ( pulled 3/29/13) EQ04 683 | Amex (pulled 3/28/13) EX 760 | US Bank (pulled 3/28/13) EX 753
CreditKarma (4/19/13) TU-TR 701 | TU Vantage 788 | USAA FAKO (3/31/13) EX 728, EQ 699, TU 737 |
Inquiries (4/18/13) EX 13 | EQ 13 | TU 14
Message 4 of 18
c82wright
Established Member

I have this card and I love it! I've been waiting for someone here to mention it. Smiley Happy The fact that I get 0% APR for 6 months and no fee balance transfers FOREVER (unless the terms change) is great. I only BT the amount I know I can pay off in 6 months. So between this card and NFCU I shouldn't have to pay BT fees ever again.  I usually use one of my rewards cards first to get the points/cash back and then do the BT to my Coastal card.

I've been a member since I was a kid because my dad worked for IBM. I found the membership form here https://www.coastal24.com/pdf/CubeMembershipAccountCard.pdf. If you're not an employee or member of certain organizations then you can join North Carolina Sustainable Energy Association (NCSEA) or North Carolina Consumer Council (NCCC)  for $18 membership. You can find the membership criteria by going to checking or savings like you're going to open an account and it shows the organizations.

Applying for the card was a bit of a pain. I did it over the phone with a rep and there was some kind of computer glitch and she had to re-enter my entire application. The nice thing is that when you apply they ask you what you want your limit to be and if it's too high, they'll counter offer.

Message 5 of 18
dodfire
Valued Contributor

@NJTurnpike wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

Just window shopping...geez. Smiley Wink

Now thats funny!!!!! 

*8/10/13
Message 6 of 18
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

@NJTurnpike wrote:

Has anyone ever heard of this card?

https://www.coastal24.com/visa/big-ticket-card.htm

Standard APR is 18%, but for any single purchase of $600 or more, you get a 6 month apr of 0%. Wow! 

Not sure what the requirements were to join this CU, I couldn;t find any on their web site.

This is an interesting card. I was actually looking at it a few months back... http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/50-Amazon-gift-card-for-app-ing/m-p/1767132/highlight/t...

Message 7 of 18
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

@c82wright wrote:

I have this card and I love it! I've been waiting for someone here to mention it. Smiley Happy The fact that I get 0% APR for 6 months and no fee balance transfers FOREVER (unless the terms change) is great. I only BT the amount I know I can pay off in 6 months. So between this card and NFCU I shouldn't have to pay BT fees ever again.  I usually use one of my rewards cards first to get the points/cash back and then do the BT to my Coastal card.

I've been a member since I was a kid because my dad worked for IBM. I found the membership form here https://www.coastal24.com/pdf/CubeMembershipAccountCard.pdf. If you're not an employee or member of certain organizations then you can join North Carolina Sustainable Energy Association (NCSEA) or North Carolina Consumer Council (NCCC)  for $18 membership. You can find the membership criteria by going to checking or savings like you're going to open an account and it shows the organizations.

Applying for the card was a bit of a pain. I did it over the phone with a rep and there was some kind of computer glitch and she had to re-enter my entire application. The nice thing is that when you apply they ask you what you want your limit to be and if it's too high, they'll counter offer.

Do you mind sharing more details? What's your credit limit? I'm wondering if they are generous with credit limits.

Message 8 of 18
c82wright
Established Member

My limit is $5000, I didn't want to sound too greedy and I was in the middle of an app spree. When I applied I think my highest card at the time was $4000 with citi.  I haven't asked for a CLI since I got this card but I'm pretty sure it would always be HP since there's a loan officer reviewing your application and your credit. Also I know that in my most aggressive pay off plan I can pay off $2500 in six months. I know that's bad for util on one card, but it hasn't made my score drop.

Oh for the BT you have to use a paper application and fax it or mail it in. A little antiquated but it gets the job done. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Message 9 of 18
Mellon
Established Contributor

they are pretty conservative ...not as conservative as NCSECU but still very conservative

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.