cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection fallen off Experian,ready to app.Which cc for EXPERIAN?

tag
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

Collection fallen off Experian,ready to app.Which cc for EXPERIAN?

Time goes by fast can't believe that collection has now fallen off my Experian. Should happen in april for EQ and TU. Question is which prime credit card companies pull mostly Experian,except for american express?

Thanks

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

Re: Collection fallen off Experian,ready to app.Which cc for EXPERIAN?

whogavemecredit.com and google "credit pulls database"

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 2 of 19
E150GT
Frequent Contributor

wells fargo pulled experian for me. Chase and discover did not.

CSP-$8700, Amex BCE-17.2k, Chase Freedom-$5700
Discover It-$6600, USAA MC-$5900 Ink Bold- $12k United Explorer-$5k
Message 3 of 19
racer-x
Valued Contributor

BoA, Ohio.

Message 4 of 19
ObeyJohnny12
Established Contributor

Chase normally pulls experian. In CA.
Wells Fargo Secured - 7k
Opensky - 5k
Rebuilding One Day At A Time.
Message 5 of 19
ObeyJohnny12
Established Contributor

Btw congrats on the collection falling off!
Wells Fargo Secured - 7k
Opensky - 5k
Rebuilding One Day At A Time.
Message 6 of 19
Axa
New Contributor

@MountainHiker wrote:

Time goes by fast can't believe that collection has now fallen off ...

This is exactly what happened to me. Before applying to anyone, I'd shop for the credit you want, then start categorizing to bureaus. The reason is because of the inquiries pulling down your score. Your score updates almost instantly and each pull lowers the score for a few months. I made the mistake of not applying to the card I wanted at first and got denied after getting approved for some nice CCs because I was 14 points below due to inquiries. Granted, I didn't know I wanted it before I started applying, but that, too, was because I didn't research enough.

If I could turn back time, I'd ask around and become prepared like you're doing. Good luck, and good for you for being vigilant over your reports!

For EX,  you may want to check out some credit unions. I remember reading recently that a few of them pull EX only. Sorry for being vague. I mainly wanted to post my congratulations to you.

TU 759, EX 744, EQ 779
Current Focus: Gardening indefinitely
Goals: 800 Club, pay off auto loan in 2 years
Message 7 of 19
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

@ObeyJohnny12 wrote:
Btw congrats on the collection falling off!

Thank you everyone really want to get this right.

Thank you ObeyJohnny. Really is a BIG deal to have a clean report.7 years is a long time to work with negatives on my file. I wonder if CitiBank pulls Experian?

Goal 750 Across

Message 8 of 19
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

@Axa wrote:

@MountainHiker wrote:

Time goes by fast can't believe that collection has now fallen off ...

This is exactly what happened to me. Before applying to anyone, I'd shop for the credit you want, then start categorizing to bureaus. The reason is because of the inquiries pulling down your score. Your score updates almost instantly and each pull lowers the score for a few months. I made the mistake of not applying to the card I wanted at first and got denied after getting approved for some nice CCs because I was 14 points below due to inquiries. Granted, I didn't know I wanted it before I started applying, but that, too, was because I didn't research enough.

If I could turn back time, I'd ask around and become prepared like you're doing. Good luck, and good for you for being vigilant over your reports!

For EX,  you may want to check out some credit unions. I remember reading recently that a few of them pull EX only. Sorry for being vague. I mainly wanted to post my congratulations to you.

Wow, what a very supportive post.Thank you for that. I must say I learned a lot during this experience of not having a clean report.There are certain things I would never want to repeat.And there is something symbolic in new beginnings. That is another reason why its important that I attempt to make better choices this time around. Before, I didn't truly understand how credit worked, the value in keeping utlization low or, difference in prime cards versus the others. Better informed better results is a true statement. I would like to add CitiBank and Discover.

But right now would like to give my EQ a bit of a rest(even after its clean) and only go after cards that are Experian friendly. Very open to a good credit Union.Wonder if USAA pulls experian?

Goal 750 Across

Message 9 of 19
mic003
Established Member

Citibank pulls experian, just got approved for citi thankyou preferred monday and thats who they pulled. In the past they have also pulled experian for me and for my sister they also pulled experian. I also just got Discover It and was surprised they pulled all 3 bureaus. But i least i got approved. I say go for citi and wait for the discover, just in case.
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.