Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combine Credit Limits (Chase) ?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Combine Credit Limits (Chase) ?

I have 2 Chase credit card, Freedom and Slate. I would like to transfer my credit limit from Slate to Freedom. Do anyone know is Chase still doing this?

And my current credit limit for Freedom is $10.4k and Slate $8.4k. If I combined the limit, are they simply add up, or might be less or more?

Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Combine Credit Limits (Chase) ?

Yup, just message or call them and tell them which direction to send the CL and go from there.  If you're planning on closing one of the cards there's usually a minimum amount they want to keep wehther it's $500 or more depends on your spending profile.  If it's been dormant for 3-6 months they might just move 100% if that's what you're wanting to do.

Message 2 of 4
kdm31091
Super Contributor

This is the one thing Chase is pretty flexible about. Usually if the card has recent activity you do have to leave $500 behind, but otherwise can move the limits as you see fit. Generally easy to accomplish with Chase.

Message 3 of 4
HighAchiever
Established Contributor

That is good to know for potentially future decisions. Thanks! Smiley Happy

“Most people work just hard enough not to get fired and get paid just enough not to quit.”
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Inquiries: Experian - 4 | Equifax - 3 | TransUnion - 3

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.