cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combine or transfer citi thankyou points between accounts?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Combine or transfer citi thankyou points between accounts?

Searched the forum and read 'Comprehensive Guide' but still don't quite understand the process of combine/transfer of thankyou points (between my accounts) esp. in terms of point expiration after the process.

I currently have:

A preferred card (from forward) which has a bunch of points in its thankyou account, some are set to expire end of this year, end of the next, etc.

A premier card which has its own separate thankyou account (thus can't directly use the points from the preferred card ).

Obviously premier has better redemption value so I called in to transfer TYP from preferred to premier and was told that if I do so the transfered TYP expires in 90 days (and I can't burn all the points that fast).

The rep also suggested 'combine thankyou accounts' but when I further questioned about expiration date he had no clear understanding/answer.

Thus would like to get some help from this community esp. if someone has done the same before. In terms of what happens if I 'combine thankyou accounts'? Do all points keep their original expiration date or they also expire in 90 days?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Combine or transfer citi thankyou points between accounts?

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

https://wallethub.com/answers/cc/do-citi-thankyou-points-expire-2140669661/

Thanks, failed to see how this addresses my specific question of combining accounts' point expiration though.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Call and ask them directly.

ThankYou Service Center at 1-800-THANKYOU (1 (800) 842-6596).

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.