Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combining BOA cards, 2 different people

tag
cd73
Established Member

Combining BOA cards, 2 different people

Hi everyone!  Thanks to all the help you give on these forums! 

I would like to know if anyone has any insight on this subject, I have a BOA Platinum plus Visa with only a $500 limit, my credit is not that great roughly 650-670, my wife just got approved for a $5000 limit with a worldpoints Mastercard with BOA her scores are high 700's.  We are both AU on each others accounts, but both are fairly new. 

Has anyone ever heard of BOA combining accounts from spouses?  (we are newly married), I would rather go on the account as a full user instead of AU.  We wanted a higher limit card so we didn't originally bother apping together, as I knew worse case she would get approved with a good limit.

Thanks!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Combining BOA cards, 2 different people

you would have to make these accounts joint before you could combine them. unless there is some rule since your married, but don't think so.
Message 2 of 3
Miner
Frequent Contributor

Re: Combining BOA cards, 2 different people

Keep your credit cards seperate.  In my opinion, it's better for you in the long run.  In fact, other then mortgages and things related to the home, try to keep your car loans seperate also (except maybe the 1st one).  And whats good for you isn't just about your credit scores.

Have you had that $500 CL card for very long?  If so, try asking for a CLI.

Your scores are not that bad.  You should be able to qualify for a higher CL somewhere unless you have low income, a very high debt to income level, or no credit history, or some very recent negatives.  In fact, I got higher CLs from cards when I was a poor college student back in the early 90's when $500 was worth more.  A $500 CL should be for people under 600 or no history or no income.  Unless you are going to try to buy a house in the next 6months, I'd apply for a credit card from another bank that gives out credit a little easier.

Current FICO8: EQ:782, TU:754, EX:767 | 1x 30 day late 6yrs ago
AAoA: 10 years; AAoOA: 13 months; Credit Length: 21 years
INQ Eq: 3 / Tu: 5 (4 for auto) / Ex: 9 (5 for auto)
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.