Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combining Credit Cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Combining Credit Cards

Through a comedy of errors I have quite a few Visa cards with USBank.    One is an Altitude and one is a business card, but the other three (sigh, yes three) are all low-limit plain Platinums.  I'd like to combine them into one card with a combined limit (something I've been assured is possible), however there is a caveat.  When I started my credit rebuilding adventure, the two USBank cards were secured and therefore are my oldest accounts.   

Anyone have any suggestions on what to do?  If I combine them all into one, that would be a hit to my AAoA, right?  

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Combining Credit Cards

No, they would still factor into your aaoa for the next 10 years or more.
Message 2 of 5
Priory_Man
Valued Contributor

No, you would be OK, combine away.

"Total revolving credit $286,000 Current UTIL >1%"
Message 3 of 5
Benzman
Frequent Contributor

Hopefully you got that in writing or at least the CSRs name who said it was possible to combine. Numerous cards with USB, but I tried last year to combine my two plat cards and was told they do not allow it with any of their issued cards. I was told that by a CSR and also a underwriter.

Amex CM 10K | Amex ED 10K | Amex BCE 7.5K | 5/3RD SU2C 10K | 5/3RD SU2C 6.5K | Barclays Cash 6K | Barclay AARP 3.5K | Bread AMEX 9K | Citizens Cash 8K | Citizens Clear 2K | Citi® DP 11.3K | Citi® Simplicity 9.4K | Citi® TY 6.5K | Citi® DC 4K | Citi CuC 3.4K | Cap One QS 14.6K | Cap One WM MC 11K | Discover It 19.5K | Discover Miles 13.5K | BOA Cash 13.2K | BOA 7K | US Bank State Farm Visa 4K | US Bank AMEX 22.5K | US Bank Plat 16.5K | US Bank Cash 11.2K | FNBO Rewards 20K | FNBO Evergreen 11.3K | Huntington Voice 7,750K | Huntington Voice Rewards 8.7K | PF|CP Rewards 8.2K | PF|CP Gold 3.2K | PNC Cash 15K | PNC Core 15K | PNC Points 8K | Fidelity 15K | Wells Active 12K | Wells Reflect 10K | Target MC 12.5K | TD Cash 4.5K | Truist 6.5K | Truist 6.5K | Truist 6.5K | Truist 6.5K | Synch Premier MC 11.6K | Ebay MC 10K | Apple Card 5.5K | Deserve Digital 6K | Simon AMEX 6K | Chase Amazon 1.5K | F8 Scores 4/23 EX789; TU781; EQ792.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm, well what they did (I think, I will go into a branch and double check) is they closed down some of the accounts and then applied for a CLI in the same amount to the one card I kept open, so technically I they were not combined, but the end result is the same.  Maybe phrasing it that way might help?  I also called Cardmember Services for the Altitude Reserve line, which might have helped.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.