Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combining cards to get rid of Amex Green Charge

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Combining cards to get rid of Amex Green Charge

Hello,

from what I understand it is extremely difficult to get American Express to grant a product change from a charge card to one of their credit cards. So I was wondering if anyone has any knowledge of combining two different classes of Amex cards. I really want to consolidate a newer Blue Cash & an older Green Charge into a Blue Cash with the Green's history. Possible?

Thank you
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: Combining cards to get rid of Amex Green Charge

I dont think Amex will let you combine charge and credit cards.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

STChristian wrote:
Hello,

from what I understand it is extremely difficult to get American Express to grant a product change from a charge card to one of their credit cards. So I was wondering if anyone has any knowledge of combining two different classes of Amex cards. I really want to consolidate a newer Blue Cash & an older Green Charge into a Blue Cash with the Green's history. Possible?

Thank you

you can't combine or convert charge to credit or vise versa. however, your blue xash should have a member since date of you original date of membership. if it doesn't call and explaint hat you would like to have the membership date on your blue cash updated to reflect the actual date you became and amex member.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm simply interested in getting rid of the Green Charge. Since I'm not longer using the card it's costing me a yearly fee, and it's not helping my utilization.

Message Edited by STChristian on 05-29-2008 03:29 PM
Message 4 of 5
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Just call them and ask them to close the account. Or better ask them if they would waive the AF if they dont then ask them to cancel the account.

STChristian wrote:
I'm simply interested in getting rid of the Green Charge. Since I'm not longer using the card it's costing me a yearly fee, and it's not helping my utilization.

Message Edited by STChristian on 05-29-2008 03:29 PM

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.