Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combining credit cards question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Combining credit cards question

My hubby and I both have a couple of the same cards (target, juniper)  I don't like having to keep up with the seperate statements, so is there a way that the CCC's would combine our cards & limits together into one card? 

I would like to be able to do this without a hard pull on our scores - and without looking like we are opening/closing new accounts..   is this possible?
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Combining credit cards question

@Anonymous wrote:
My hubby and I both have a couple of the same cards (target, juniper) I don't like having to keep up with the seperate statements, so is there a way that the CCC's would combine our cards & limits together into one card?
I would like to be able to do this without a hard pull on our scores - and without looking like we are opening/closing new accounts.. is this possible?

Best guess is no to combining the cards. It won't hurt to ask.
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I always recommend against combining CCs...why turn two positive, FICO-helping tradelines into only one?
Message 3 of 10
unknown_entity
Established Contributor

You can close two of them and make the two you keep joint accounts.  They will send you paperwork to add DH or DW to the other account but it will probably cost you an inquiry.
07/26/2007 TU-688
EQ-656
EX-649
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

We only have one positive tradeline each for each of the cards - I was wanting to combine them to joint cards and combine the credit limits.  The reason I wanted to do this is to make it easier to keep up with the payments, limits, etc.
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

...but can you reallocate the funds?
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
We only have one positive tradeline each for each of the cards - I was wanting to combine them to joint cards and combine the credit limits. The reason I wanted to do this is to make it easier to keep up with the payments, limits, etc.

I take it you would rather have a higher CL. Otherwise, It would not make sense to combine CL.
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, we would like to combine the CL - he has 500 and I have 200 ..   we are both in the process of rebuilding our credit..  they just increased his CL a month ago from 200 to 500 but haven't increased mine.  I can't imagine ever charging 700 at Target, but the credit increase would be nice for our scores.
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you are both attempting to repair credit, DO NOT combine CL. Purchase & PIF, purchase & PIF, purchase & PIF. Repeat, repeat, and repeat.
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay, thank you for the advice - I will leave them as they are!
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.