cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity Bank Closed My Account Without Notice! What to do??

tag
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Comenity Bank Closed My Account Without Notice! What to do??

J Crew preparing to file would not cause the credit card to be closed before that even happens. Even if they file BK it doesn't mean all stores close, nor does it mean the company entirely shuts down. In short it does not mean the card portfolio would immediately go away before the filing even occurs.

Something else is going on in this situation.

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very true. After reading this post, I checked my JCrew account and its still open and active with my available credit in tact. 

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yup, check some other posts on here - Comenity seems to be tightening its belt, but it's definitely not uncommon for them to close you out for inactivity under normal circumstances (e.g. not during a pandemic crippling the economy). They closed two of my accounts yesterday as well, I've had 6 cards with them over the years and am now down to two- the two I use most often.  I can't say I blame them, but I would've appreciated a warning.  Sorry this also happened to you!

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Happened to me today.  No notice just that they closed my account due to inactivity.  Just used the card back in January.  

Sent them a message basically saying I wouldn't be doing business with them ever again.  Don't like the closed account on my CR but I won't miss my Loft card or Comenity.  Good riddance.  

Message 14 of 16
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Happened to me today.  No notice just that they closed my account due to inactivity.  Just used the card back in January.  

Sent them a message basically saying I wouldn't be doing business with them ever again.  

I'm sure that taught them a lesson!

Fine if it makes you feel better, but otherwise a waste of time.

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Sent them a message basically saying I wouldn't be doing business with them ever again.  

I'm sure that taught them a lesson!

Fine if it makes you feel better, but otherwise a waste of time.

1. I don't really care what they thought of it.  And, yes, it did make me feel better.  Thanks for your kind reply.
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.