Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity Bank Credit Cards

tag
HappySoda
Valued Member

Re: Comenity Bank Credit Cards

I tried for a few months to see if a soft pull would work at Sports Authority. It didn't work and it does not work on their website - only at the store. This could be the reason why it doesn't work. Not sure why they have a card that doesn't work at the website, maybe they are being restructured or something.

Message 11 of 57
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

@RSCo wrote:

Does anyone have any exp with Comenity Bank in terms of being approved for multiple store credit cards that this bank issues and manages?  Was just approved for their Pottery Barn card and wanted to know if anyone has multiple different store cards issued by them and if they are easy to get once you have your foot in the door with the first one.

I've been pre-approved for Express, J.Crew, Victoria's Secret, KingSize, and BrylaneHome over the span of three or so months. All of the Redcats USA stores keep pre-approving me as well, but I didn't take any of those.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 12 of 57
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

I went ahead and did the shopping cart trick for a few of this and received pop- up preapprovals on many of them:

Victoria Secret 500

Buckle   700

JCrew  750

Avenue 700

Express no amount stated

nothing for Eddie Bauer yet.

dont need any of this but it was fun seeing that.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 13 of 57
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

I got VS and J. Crew through shopping cart trick.  Purchased with VS, haven’t used J. Crew, yet.

The VS worked the first time I tried – J. Crew took many, many attempts before it worked.  Not sure what mechanism triggers the approvals.  It seems very arbitrary.

Message 14 of 57
scarzy
Regular Contributor

I have four cards through them with the cart trick. They soft pulled me all in one week, and after that, no go.

It seems, maybe, there's a limit of how many cards you can have with them.

starting EQ FICO : 526 current EQ FICO : 640 starting TU FICO: 538 current TU FICO : 656

My wallet: Capital One cash rewards $1,300- ~ NFCU signature cash rewards $5,000- ~ NFCU nRewards $5,000- ~ NFCU LOC $1,000- ~ Target $200- ~ Kohl's $300- ~ Walmart $800- ~ Amazon $900- ~ Updated 6/2013

Discharged Ch7 Nov.16, 2012

Message 15 of 57
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

@injustifiiable wrote:

@RSCo wrote:

Does anyone have any exp with Comenity Bank in terms of being approved for multiple store credit cards that this bank issues and manages?  Was just approved for their Pottery Barn card and wanted to know if anyone has multiple different store cards issued by them and if they are easy to get once you have your foot in the door with the first one.

I've been pre-approved for Express, J.Crew, Victoria's Secret, KingSize, and BrylaneHome over the span of three or so months. All of the Redcats USA stores keep pre-approving me as well, but I didn't take any of those.

I have similar scores to yours but I didn't get any pre approvals. The reason is that I opted out of getting sent stuff. I would rather be opted out of everything. I feel like opting out keeps big brother a little bit farther away from me. From what I have heard, the Comenity popups depend on the individual firms and getting approved for 1 doesn't make it easier or harder to get others. I would also recommend thinking twice before collecting a bunch of store cards. Many people think it is a good idea at first but then regret it a few months later. All those accounts take work to keep up with and the more cards you have, the more chance for an error or forgotten payment. Most of those store cards don't have as good rewards or cash back as the "prime" cards anyway. I would think twice before collecting store accounts....

Message 16 of 57
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@scarzy wrote:

I have four cards through them with the cart trick. They soft pulled me all in one week, and after that, no go.

How are they with CLI?

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 17 of 57
scarzy
Regular Contributor

@dodgerslv wrote:

@scarzy wrote:

How are they with CLI?

The cards are recent, so I wouldn't know. I read on the boards that the wait is usually 9 months....unlike GE!

starting EQ FICO : 526 current EQ FICO : 640 starting TU FICO: 538 current TU FICO : 656

My wallet: Capital One cash rewards $1,300- ~ NFCU signature cash rewards $5,000- ~ NFCU nRewards $5,000- ~ NFCU LOC $1,000- ~ Target $200- ~ Kohl's $300- ~ Walmart $800- ~ Amazon $900- ~ Updated 6/2013

Discharged Ch7 Nov.16, 2012

Message 18 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dodgerslv wrote:

@scarzy wrote:

How are they with CLI?

I'm not fond of Comenity because of how stingy they are with CLIs, at least in my experience. They're GE's opposite in that respect. My experience has been that they give small, incremental CLIs. Auto-CLIs are every 6 months, assuming you have a good history with them. Calling in will result in a HP, and even then, you're unlikely to get more than a couple hundred (i.e., the same amount that you would have gotten if you'd simply waited for a SP auto-CLI).

Message 19 of 57
missji
Regular Contributor

My experience with Comenity and GE is the exact opposite. No CLI on my banana republic and gap cards except one $100 increase. I've had them since 7/2012.

But my VS, Ann Taylor, Express, J Crew and The Limited all have limits at or above $2K within 2 years and all started at either $250 or $500. My biggest increases have been on my Ann Taylor, The Limited, and J Crew. Depending on the card it's either after 4 or 6 statements but I once got increases from Express 2 months in a row. All auto, none requested.
Gardening as of June 2020. No activity until January 2023 unless it's an auto CLI.
Starting Scores (6/30/2020): EQ 640 | EX 660 | TU 658
Current Scores (05/22/2021): EQ 678 | EX 714 | TU 689
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 20 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.