cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity Bank / WFNNB -- Approved for all the "cart trick" websites. Are chances good for this card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Comenity Bank / WFNNB -- Approved for all the "cart trick" websites. Are chances good for this card?

Hi All,

I haven't app'd for anything for a good 2 years. I did the "cart trick" with Buckle, Victoria's Secret and Express. I was pre-approved for all three and given $250 for Buckle, $500 for VS and an unknown amount for Express. I haven't gotten the cards in the mail yet, so I won't know the express limit until then. There are several websites/businesses that are issued cards by Comenity Bank / WFNNB. They issue a Diamond Elite Credit Card for Samuels Jewlers (business on the list for cart tricks, but they don't offer pre approval according to several members testing. I think there are about five websites that almost always offer if your FICO is about 610 or higher), but apparently only a handful of their stores do the pre approval thing. Anyhow, there is one last card I want, did an application on their website and I got the "We are reviewing your application and will let you know our decision by mail in 7-10 days" :EEK:

My question is: do I have pretty high chances of getting this card since it is issued by the same bank that just gave me three cards on soft pulls only? This card I had to do a hard pull (Yes, I know....but I figure since I'm stopping now and got the other cards with only soft pulls and need this card to possibly propose in future, what the heck). I would assume they will all pull from EX (best scores are on EX and TU...my EQ needs CPR lol). What do you all think? Has anyone had any luck with multiple cards from this bank (assuming not all of them are from the cart trick)?

Any input appreciated!

Thanks,

Brandon

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Comenity Bank / WFNNB -- Approved for all the "cart trick" websites. Are chances good

Usually it's not a good idea to do an app spree with the same bank. GE has been known to approve and then shut down the cc's. the most I would ever do is 2 from the same bank.

Good luck!
Message 2 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Comenity Bank / WFNNB -- Approved for all the "cart trick" websites. Are chances good

Very interesting to find out! I am asking because I believe several people have gone flat out wild with the cart trick and ended up with 5 or 6 cards on here and I guess they aren't as strict as others are. I am curious to find out if I will be getting two VS cards in the mail. Funny story, first time I did the "cart trick" I entered my old address since I didn't think it was updated and got a 7-10 days message (I heard this is to verify information) and then did it again with my new address and was instantly approved. Hopefully I don't get two VS cards in the mail and they pick up on this.

Anyhow...anyone else have any interesting input on multiple cards from this bank and sucess rates with one meaning good chances with other?

Message 3 of 20
new_earth
Frequent Contributor

I know a lot of people have gotten 6 or 7 with no problems. They will some times call to verify with some security questions, or like what happened to me, put a security freeze on the cards and you have to mail in ID (I answered some of my own security questions wrong LOL). That process is complete though, I have all my cards available to use and they did not close any Smiley Happy  I got 6 Smiley Surprised

Message 4 of 20
dobirdsmommy
Established Contributor

I have 5-6 cards by them no issues either

building since 2011 Wallet:ME: Walmart 3k;Barclays Rewards 10k, Venture 18k; Slate 5k; Freedom 10k; overstock 4.8k, SGV2.5k; WEMC 20k 1.5 Rewards, Gamestop 1.2k, Fingerhut 3k; 2 NMAC Leases , VS 1.75k, BH 1.62k, Express 1.6k, Avenue 1.75k, JCrew 5k, HSN 1.47k, Torrid 1.55k, Roamans 1.4k, Jessica London 1.54k, kings direct 1.7k, Buckle 1.4k, WW 1.65k, ........ baddies:Fed Tax Lien
DH: 1750 capital one fh 2000, AU - VS, BH, HSN, WEMC, SPGV. Freedom, Slate, Venture, Barclays
Message 5 of 20
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

I have 4 or 5 CC's with them using the shopping cart trick, but they were done over a span of time and no more than 2 on the same day.  I think that those that have had their CC's shutdown was because of an app spree and getting like 5 or 6 or more (just guessing on the number) cards in one day.  You should be fine now with what you have from GE, but maybe you should let some time pass before you get anymore.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 6 of 20
roshan21
Valued Member

Does the cart trick work for Torrid?

Paypal Mastercard $2000, Walmart $1000, Victoria's Secret $500, Discover IT $1200, Chase Freedom $2000, Cap1 $500/$300/$200, First Premier $300 Barclay's Rewards $500- Last App 5/27/13

Garden until 8/2014 (Hoping to be mid 700's by then)

Starting Score: 677
Current Score: 696
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 7 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for all the great replies! Hopefully I will get approved for the Samuels WFNNB Jewelry card. I am excited to see the auto CLI after 9 months with these guys Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 20
fembrist
Established Member

I have a whopping 14 cards with Comenity Bank. I started out with one that I've had for over three years now, never missed a payment. A couple months ago, I got a pre-approval for a OneStopPlus card and it all went downhill from there. I became an appaholic. The 14 are mostly attributed to the Redcats family cards all pre-ing off of each other. They haven't shut me down, yet (fingers crossed, tiptoeing into the garden).

Starting Score: 621
Current Score: 670
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 9 of 20
RickyRay
New Contributor

I got 10 of them all in one week of each other, My scores were all low 500s at the time and I was trying to get things cleaned up on my credit reports. In Jan 2013, I got them all by doing the shopping trick....1. One Stop Plus, 2. Womenwithin,3. Roamans, 4. KingSize, 5. BrylaneHome, 6. Jessica London,all $250 CL, 7. Blair $200 CL 8. Haband $200, 9. The Buckle $250, and 10. Express started at $250 CL now $740, My scores dropped for 2 month to almost only 400 then they jumped up to 619, now 720.

I only had one good account showing from a catalog called Grandpointe at the time, and over 20 derogs all from ID theft. That was a BIG MESS. But now all cleared up.

Those store/catalog cards brought me back from extinction. Now I got a capital 1 card and doing some serious rebuilding in the garden.  NO MORE APPS til Jan 2014. Maybe a good Chase Card or something. All of those comenity bank store/catalogs are due for credit limit increases by oct so I should in very good condition with my scores by then. (By the way all the comenity bank cards were soft pulls on experian). THANK YOU COMENITY BANK!!!

Well I don't have a logo, so I will just use @#@
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.