Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity Bank accounts inactivity

tag
QAMngrGirl
Frequent Contributor

Comenity Bank accounts inactivity

Anyone have their accounts closed for inactivity? I have 2 that are at 6 mos. without use... (not closed yet)

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Comenity Bank accounts inactivity

Some folks have.  Ron1 mentioned a while back that some of his Comenity CCs were closed due to inactivity so it does happen.  Why don't you put some use to prevent from being closed?

Message 2 of 14
QAMngrGirl
Frequent Contributor

I was going to wait for Christmas sales.. but I don't want to risk closure so small purchase it is! 

Message 3 of 14
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

I'm thinking you'll be fine.  I think this generally could apply for individuals who go 12+ months of inactivity.  Of course, every issuer has their own inactivity/closure criteria, so best to put some small purchases here or there to keep them active during the calendar year.

Message 4 of 14
QAMngrGirl
Frequent Contributor

thank you for your reply Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 14
CodyAB31

I have 3 and my wife and i typically rotate them and spend a couple humdred bucks on each every 3 months or so.  I try not to let them go more than 3 months without use, but thats just they system we have that works for us...(thats about the time she just has to have a new pair of shoes...)  I hate using those cards instead of a cachback/rewards card, but thats 3k in avail credit I dont want to close while trying to rebuild.

11/13 - EX 674 MyFico - EQ 660 MyFico - TU 675 WMart Fico

TTFCU 3500 - AMEX Green NPSL - Discover IT 800 - Amazon 1400
Lowes 800 - QuicksilverOne 500 - CapOne Plat 800 - Walmart 1050
Barclays ChoicePriv 250 -Vic. Sec 900 - Express 1070 - Buckle 780 - Valero 600 - JCPenney 700
Message 6 of 14
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

I have some Comenity accounts that haven't been used since I opened them 10 months ago.

I got a CLI on a couple of them too!

Since it's my birthday month I decided to throw them a bone and buy a new sheet set and some towels. I bought them at Brylane Home but put one purchase on that card and another on the KingSize card.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 7 of 14
xerostatus
Regular Contributor

I opened a jcrew card via shopping cart trick several months back. Never used it, and frankly dont plan to.

Cant justify working so hard to (re)build my financial stability, just to end up buying some overpriced junk clothes from jcrew just to keep a smallish limit account open.

Let 'em close it, *shrug.

Message 8 of 14
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@xerostatus wrote:

I opened a jcrew card via shopping cart trick several months back. Never used it, and frankly dont plan to.

Cant justify working so hard to (re)build my financial stability, just to end up buying some overpriced junk clothes from jcrew just to keep a smallish limit account open.

So why did you obtain it knowing you wouldn't use it?  Seems contrary in wisdom for cards to apply that serve a purpose.

Message 9 of 14
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@FinStar wrote:

@xerostatus wrote:

So why did you obtain it knowing you wouldn't use it?  Seems contrary in wisdom for cards to apply that serve a purpose.

+1.   My account with the least purpose, VS, can be used for purchases at BB&W.  It's not the most valuable purpose for me, but it still exists.

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.