Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity Bank close all my Visa/MC Accounts

tag
score_building
Senior Contributor

Re: Comenity Bank close all my Visa/MC Accounts

Wait-you got like 10 comenity cards in short order, but they must be out of their minds for reeling it in but still wanting to do business?

Actually appears they're paying attention to the bottom line.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 71 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did not get the orginal letters yet but I did request one from the secure message system within my account.. Here's what it says

As of Nov 16, 2015, your Total Rewards® Visa Signature® credit card account is closed.

Here are our reasons for closing your account:
Number of recent inquiries on your credit report.

Below you will find some additional information regarding your credit score. Your score can change over
time , as your credit information changes., We hope you will consider reapplying for a(n) Total Rewards®
Visa Signature® credit card in the future.

If you have any questions, please contact us at the address above. We will be happy to assist you.
Sincerely,
Payment Solutions team
This card is issued by Comenity Bank pursuant to a license by Visa U.S.A. In c.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Your credit score as of Nov 03, 2015: 796
In the scoring system we used, scores can range from 479 to the best possible score, 898. Please be
aware, there are a number of different credit scoring systems available, and each uses a different range of
numbers.

Here are the most significant factors impacting your credit score:

· No usable real estate accounts
· Too many recently opened accounts

If you feel the credit history information shown above is inaccurate, we encourage you to contact the credit
bureau listed in this letter. They will be able to provide you answers about your credit history and how to
correct any inaccuracies.

Message 72 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Did not get the orginal letters yet but I did request one from the secure message system within my account.. Here's what it says

As of Nov 16, 2015, your Total Rewards® Visa Signature® credit card account is closed.

Below you will find some additional information regarding your credit score. Your score can change over
time , as your credit information changes., We hope you will consider reapplying for a(n) Total Rewards®

If you have any questions, please contact us at the address above. We will be happy to assist you.
Sincerely,
Payment Solutions team
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
In the scoring system we used, scores can range from 479 to the best possible score, 898. Please be
aware, there are a number of different credit scoring systems available, and each uses a different range of
numbers.

If you feel the credit history information shown above is inaccurate, we encourage you to contact the credit
bureau listed in this letter. They will be able to provide you answers about your credit history and how to

What does no usable real estate accounts mean?

Message 73 of 81
blondy250
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Sincerely,
Payment Solutions team
numbers.

Mortgage reporting.

Fico 8 12/9/17
Equifax 850, TransUnion 842 10/30/17 , Experian 842 12/11/17 . AAOA 12 years Oldest 20
No inquires since 2014
All credit reports frozen
Fico 8 Equifax Bankcard 866 12/27/16
Message 74 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

@blondy250 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Sincerely,
Payment Solutions team
numbers.

Mortgage reporting.

Why would they care about a mortgage account? I'm still learning but that's odd to me. 

Message 75 of 81
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@blondy250 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Sincerely,
Payment Solutions team
numbers.

Mortgage reporting.

Why would they care about a mortgage account? I'm still learning but that's odd to me. 

The issuer may not care, but they are listing factors that impact the score.   Most of the scores give points for "mix" of credit, the idea that a customer handling a variety of types of credit, such as cards, auto loans, mortgages etc, has more experience and is a lower risk

Message 76 of 81
Cotton_Britches
Frequent Contributor

How many recent inquiries do you have? Must be a ton to cause this much hullabaloo. 

“Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase.”
Message 77 of 81
rrr66
Valued Member

I only had 3 inquiries and they did the same thing to me on a BJ's perks card.  Getting bit once by a third rate lender is enough for me to steer clear of any of their products.  I'll stick with my $30K QS and $30K Venture and my two $10K cards from Chase.  I won't do business with a company that approves you and then rescinds the card within weeks of issuance for absolutely no plausible reason.  My score had increased by 30 points, I had 7% utilization, have high six digit income.  I'm going to go about closing all my other Comenity accounts as they have something wrong going on in their back office.  Too many people with great scores have been getting AA for no reason other than having 1 or 2 additional inquiries on their report.  I think Comenity thinks you should just bask in the glory of having one of their lousy products and not try to get cards with interest rates and lines which are actually useful.

Message 78 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow I am going to have to keep my fingers crossed.  Got the Sportmans Guide and Total Rewards.  Got the pop up for Fuel Rewards but they sent a letter and some of the information did not match, so they just removed the application with no hard pull.  Put some things on Sportsmans Gude and made a payment, but left some balance.  For Total Rewards it just arrived, and I have not activated it.  Both look OK online but I will let you all know if anything happens with them.

Message 79 of 81
taxi818
Super Contributor

@rrr66 wrote:

I only had 3 inquiries and they did the same thing to me on a BJ's perks card.  Getting bit once by a third rate lender is enough for me to steer clear of any of their products.  I'll stick with my $30K QS and $30K Venture and my two $10K cards from Chase.  I won't do business with a company that approves you and then rescinds the card within weeks of issuance for absolutely no plausible reason.  My score had increased by 30 points, I had 7% utilization, have high six digit income.  I'm going to go about closing all my other Comenity accounts as they have something wrong going on in their back office.  Too many people with great scores have been getting AA for no reason other than having 1 or 2 additional inquiries on their report.  I think Comenity thinks you should just bask in the glory of having one of their lousy products and not try to get cards with interest rates and lines which are actually useful.

It's not for no appearant reason actually. It's mostly for too many new accounts.  I have a total of 4 accounts with comenity.  Exposure of 15.5k. No issues. But. Did read where others have like 100k exposure. 

Message 80 of 81
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.