Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity CL $0

18wheelz
New Contributor

Comenity CL $0

Comenity strikes again... 

I received a credit alert for a major score decrease and good to fair rating change.  I had just paid my Comenity Blue Nile card off that had a balance of $1,200.  I checked over my Experian and noticed Comenity updated my balance to show $0 but also my credit limit went from $8,600 to $0. It doesn't say closed, though. 

No lates or bads on my report.. Util 29% and  2 new accounts in Feb.  It was my only TL ever with that bank. When i sign in to that account it shows a $8600 limit.. Not sure if it was just a mistake when it got reported to the bureaus or if my account just hasn't updated to reflect the CLD. I sent them a secured message but it says it could take 15 days or more to get a reply-- LoL!!! 

I'd call them but i'd probably be on hold for 2hrs only to be told to dispute it with the credit bureau...     They're definitely not Amex or Discover when it comes to customer service/timeliness!!

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
corpcrmgr
Valued Contributor

Re: Comenity CL $0

Hopefully, it's a mistake. There does seem to be a lot of others reporting the same.

Message 2 of 13
18wheelz
New Contributor

A little update...

My util was 33% but i paid around $3,000 recently on a couple of cards and now my util is 29%. The "amount of debt" rating changed from fair to good...

This is strange...  the Experian score is the same on the app and desktop... but the app shows $0 credit limit for the BN account where as the desktop  reflects the correct amount at $8600.  Also, my alerts show the same on both... first it was balance decrease on BN $1,200 to $0. Then, credit limit increase to $8,600, then credit usage decrease on BN to $0. After that it's Credit score decrease then credit rating decrease... No alert for CLD. I expected my credit score to jump up not down.

I didn't get a score drop because of the cli did i? I thought that always helps util and increases score. Or can it be looked at as credit seeking and reduce score? Also, would the fact it reported as credit usage decrease to $0 harm the score? I only thought that would happen if it was the only account being used and then you let it report as $0 thus having no accounts showing as being used. I wanted to think the $0 limit showing on the app was the reason for the score drop but since it's showing as $8,600 on the desktop with the same FICO8 score i'm now just really confused.  I've had no increased balances or any new accounts/inq since Feb and already saw the point decreases from that and was expecting to be in recovery as things age and balances decrease, instead i'm seeing the opposite... Any thoughts? 

Message 3 of 13
18wheelz
New Contributor

@corpcrmgr wrote:

Hopefully, it's a mistake. There does seem to be a lot of others reporting the same.

If there's others reporting the same and it's just a mistake then it's a bit of a relief. 
Message 4 of 13
RicHowe
Valued Contributor

The Experian mobile app is showing all my CL's at $0, but the website version shows the correct CL's. This must be a EX glitch. You should be good.

Message 5 of 13
SBR249
Established Contributor

What does your comenity account say your CL is? In general lenders update their own systems far more frequently than CRAs. 

Message 6 of 13
Saeren
Mega Contributor

@SBR249 wrote:

What does your comenity account say your CL is? In general lenders update their own systems far more frequently than CRAs. 

This. 

It takes days, sometimes weeks, to update the bureaus. They update your account as soon as they take action. 

Message 7 of 13
18wheelz
New Contributor

Wow, that's crazy. I just checked my other accounts on the app and they too all show $0 credit limits. Thanks.

@RicHowe wrote:

The Experian mobile app is showing all my CL's at $0, but the website version shows the correct CL's. This must be a EX glitch. You should be good.

Message 8 of 13
18wheelz
New Contributor

@SBR249 wrote:

When i sign into the comenity account it reflects the correct CL of $8,600.

Message 9 of 13
AverageJoesCredit
Mega Contributor

At least you havent been Comenity Crashed, meaning closing of all accounts. Dont you luv it when the Bureaus mess with our heads?Smiley Wink
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.