Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity CLI’s HP or SP?

tag
cyrusvalentino
Frequent Contributor

Comenity CLI’s HP or SP?

When looking at the request CLI page it has an optional checkbox for them to pull your credit report. So if I don’t check the box I assume it’s a SP and if I check the box it’s a HP? Thank you to anyone who can provide feedback or their experience, just want to know for when I request a CLI.

Starting Score (12/01/2021):

Current Score (03/01/2022):

Goal Score (01/01/2023):

Other Stats:

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Comenity CLI’s HP or SP?

Correct don’t check the box. All my increases with them have been SP.. good luck

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep...don't check the box and you'll get a soft pull. I've gotten several nice CLIs that way on both my comenity cards.
Message 3 of 8
cyrusvalentino
Frequent Contributor

Thank you all for answering my question, I do have one other question when did you see your first CLI or when did you first request one? Thank you again.

Starting Score (12/01/2021):

Current Score (03/01/2022):

Goal Score (01/01/2023):

Other Stats:

Message 4 of 8
grower1
Frequent Contributor

I just tried it without checking the box, was approved for a $300 increase. $1350-$1850. I'm assuming this is a SP, I've never had a HP for VS CLI. I'll monitor my reports and report back if it shows as a HP. 

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had my Kay Jewelers card for about a year. My husband and I are building a house, so I tried the soft pull. Got a couple grand increase. Decided to try it again the following week and got another huge increase. Tried it a third time and got the professionalized version of "okay that's enough" lol. Did the same thing with my VS card twice. Really helped our utilization. As long as your balance is not too high and you always pay on time, I suspect you'll get something.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 3 cards and none of them would increase the first time until I hit 9 months. After that 3 months seemed to be good for more increases. 

Message 7 of 8
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@cyrusvalentino wrote:
Thank you all for answering my question, I do have one other question when did you see your first CLI or when did you first request one? Thank you again.

The timing for CLIs with Comenity will depend on which card it is; there seems to be some correlation with the URL used to manage your account, also (different between c.comenity.net and d.comenity.net for exaple).  For my BJ's card, I got my first one at 4 months and then every 4 months since.  The first two were only $400 each, but my last two were $3,000 each.  $17k to $23.8k in 16 months isn't too bad for a card like that.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.