Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity Closed All My Accounts

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Comenity Closed All My Accounts

For some of them it could be lack of use since I haven't made a purchase since 2017. But I just used my VS last month so I know that one had activity. 

From now on, I'm only gonna get cards that I organically use and not a bunch of "padding cards," which is what I used Comenity for. 

Message 11 of 25
drboxing
Established Contributor

I feel Synchrony and Comenity are the worse, Synchrony closed about 6 accounts with very low balances under$100 and some with no balance. Comenity did the same with 1 of my accounts. Id never carry their cards again, its happened to friends of mines as well. Your better off without those cards anyways.

Message 12 of 25
peghede
Valued Contributor

yet ppl still love lowes or pb ,cb,barneys cards from them.so it's not like u can chose which bank to finance those cards.

Message 13 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lowe’s is Sync....

Message 14 of 25
peghede
Valued Contributor

Yeah Synchrony R.I.P ,another beauty.

Message 15 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey, OP!

I am very sorry that happened to you. Smiley Sad

I am sure you were doing nothing wrong, but I encourage you to refrain from opening multiple accounts from a single lender. I am not an expert, but something I have noticed on the myFico site is that having too many accounts from Comenity is not ideal because it freaks them out and causes them to take adverse action should something put you on their radar. For the future, do not open too many accounts with it single lender—you do not want all your eggs in one basket, as Veterans here say. Smiley Wink

Message 16 of 25
peghede
Valued Contributor

If the basket is NAVY then all your eggs in asp.

Message 17 of 25
drboxing
Established Contributor

“If you don't take good care of your credit, then your credit won't take good care of you.”
- Tyler Gregory
True words thanks so much for sharing

Message 18 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Comenity bank sucks i have a bj membership would love to have their credit card two but its backed by them jerks with their high standers like their some elite bank Smiley Mad

Message 19 of 25
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

From now on, I'm only gonna get cards that I organically use and not a bunch of "padding cards," which is what I used Comenity for. 

This is a good plan.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.